• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova's new Speed 14 Driver-Innova Wahoo

OcDiscGolf

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Was Perusing the Ask Dave Thread on the PDGA board that was linked from a previous thread and read this piece from Dave just this month:

We have a 13/14 speed driver coming out December. It will be in Pro plastic at first. It hasn't been submitted for approval yet.

Right now the only specs are that it is about a 13/14 speed and a 3/4 glide. The high speed is -2/-3 depending on nose angle and the low speed is 0 to +3, again depending on nose angle. Right now they will be offered in low weights predominately from 157gms up to about 164gms. Can't post the name until we get it certified.

Whoa. Any thoughts on this one? What are they going to call it?

How about katana plus 1

Won't the PDGA have to rewrite the specs if it's gonna be speed 14?

the kaioken x20

1242840283082_f.jpg

I'd try it but I dont see the need for it

If you can throw full power and they make a finer disc that goes another 15-20 I say good on em. That is pretty crazy engineering tweaks coming out year after year refining what is possible

The Westside King will be a speed 14 also. I don't know the details but they have a partnership with Lat64 of some kind and their VIP plastic is basically Opto. It'll be out early next year, testing and applying for approval right now.
Stats: 14 5 0 4

GottaGoGottaThrow also has their "Northman" (kind of like a beast in my mind) for cheap right now if you want to check them out at a reasonable price.

Won't the PDGA have to rewrite the specs if it's gonna be speed 14?

Nukes have wider rims than the Innova speed 13 discs. Not to mention the fact that the Nuke is a noticably faster disc than any speed 13 Innova disc. Being that the Nuke hype was that it was the widest rim allowable by PDGA standards I am guessing that the Innova disc will be similar in rim width to the Nuke. It sounds more like they were trying to make a competator for the Ninja that was not approved to my knowledge because the rim was too big. Anyone hear anything different on that? I will probably end up with one of these discs eventually when there is nothing else better int he players pack at some tournament I play in next year. That is how I ended up with a Katana after all.

As far as the name is concerned, I think they should simply call it the "Feel like a pro even though you are so far from it everyone should laugh at you disc".

I am assuming by the weight range and the use of the word "pro" for plastic, its going to be available in R-Poop Plastic first. I wouldn't mind actual pro (not that I am buying the disc anyway), but that R pro is pretty awful.

Latest posts