• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Installation sleeves/tubes

homandesigns

Are installation tubes universal? I've got 18 used Discatchers to install. They are $40 each from Innova. Has anyone found the correct size at Lowe's/Home Depot? Buy one long pole and use an angle grinder to cut in correct lengths?

Mike

There are some threads on sleeves you might look at. Just search for sleeves.

Give you some various ideas on how people have installed them so they stay straight.

Are installation tubes universal? I've got 18 used Discatchers to install. They are $40 each from Innova. Has anyone found the correct size at Lowe's/Home Depot? Buy one long pole and use an angle grinder to cut in correct lengths?

Mike

Sleeves are not universal. The locking tab at the top varies from brand to brand.

Are these being installed in a public space or are they going in for a private course?

I've home-brewed some sleeves out of PVC for my private course for about $5/each. That said, I'm pretty well out in the middle of nowhere so there's not much concern for theft.

i've created custom tubes from 2" galvanized steel pipe. when i did it they were 50$ for 10' from home depot & i was able to get them to cut to 2' sections (they didn't de-burr, so i had to manually file). i also needed a more secure locking mechanism than the tab, so i drilled a hole all the way through both the pole & the pipe to line up at the correct height. this solution calls for bigger locks to go all the way through the pipe & pole, and those cost (at least) 20$ a piece.

Might be able to get used pipe from scrap yard quite a bit cheaper. Look for metal recycling.

If you do buy used ask them to run the radiation detector (Geiger) across it.

Oil field pipe frequently becomes radio active.

They test for it and won't/can't accept it but you never know.

Thanks for the replies. It is a private course in the mountains of nc. I'm not worried about theft so I'll look into upcycled galvanized pipe options.

Latest posts