• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Iowa] RAGBRAI courses

Did you end up having time to play the Peninsula in Iowa City?

Also a negative on that. The whole fiasco in Boone killed a lot of my time that day. I have played Peninsula before, however. I like that course a lot.

All overnight town options were thrown out the window. With so many people on the ride, every bit of usable space in every town was used for camping, including parks that had disc golf. I was only able to play in the pass-through towns.

The only courses I had the ability to play were:
Coon Rapids, IA - Coon Rapids DGC
Nevada, IA - Harrington Park
Montezuma, IA - Montezuma DGC
West Liberty, IA - Wapsi DGC

Among those, I think I enjoyed the little course at Harrington Park in Nevada the most. I never did find the tee for hole 8 so I had to improvise, but the holes offered good variety and the trees dispersed throughout the park forced various lines and inspired creativity. Montezuma was probably the biggest let down considering how beautiful the park was. The tees, signage, and overall upkeep of the park was the best out of all the ones that I played, but the holes themselves were pretty boring straight to hyzer shots. I really wanted to like the course.

I have played Wapsi in West Liberty before and had a good time. It is cool to hear someone say they enjoy the Peninsula course because I have been a part of the work crew there for the last ten years. We have made special effort to widen the fairways in the woods. The city works well with us.

I have played Wapsi in West Liberty before and had a good time. It is cool to hear someone say they enjoy the Peninsula course because I have been a part of the work crew there for the last ten years. We have made special effort to widen the fairways in the woods. The city works well with us.

I haven't played peninsula in a couple years, so it's interesting to hear that the fairways may have gotten wider. I have friends in Iowa City that are very casual players and they usually prefer to go to Turkey Creek or Sugar Bottom because they get frustrated with all the trees at Peninsula. I'll be back there next month to visit. Maybe we'll all take a trip to Peninsula to see what changes have been made.

Latest posts