• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

iPhone/ipod touch app for disc golf

I have now used DG caddy to keep backup score in 2 tourneys and it has worked like a charm. I would like to restate my desire to have your scores relative to par show up on the score card when you are in the middle of the round because it is annoying to add up the pars on the holes to figure out where you are at with your current score.

My home course doesn't have a hole 14 right now thanks to issues with park usage by non-DGers. I told DG Caddy that I didn't have a hole 14 on the course when creating the course, and it was happy. During the round, though, it went from 13 to 14, at which point I told it to go to the next hole, then it scored fine up to what it said was hole 17, then it asked me if I wanted to see the score card. So while the course was set right with no 14, DG Caddy didn't skip that hole during play, adding 1 to the hole number to go to the next one and not skipping the one missing in the course info I'd laid out. So effectively holes 14-17 on DG Caddy were actual holes 15-18.

I will fix the two things you guys just mentioned and push out another update. Thanks for helping make it better.

Thanks for being so responsive!

I also encounter some oddities inputting and editing scores during a round.

Sometimes touching a player name or the area to the right of a player name in the list highlights the player briefly, in other words it registers the touch, but DG Caddy doesn't bring up the numbers to be able to put in the score. Repeated mashing eventually pulls up the number pad for input.

After a score is entered, if I want to change it due to fatfinger or brainfart, I have to pull up the numbers for the score, then if I hit a number, it tacks that number on after the existing number. Closely related, the backspace functionality on the number pad for score entry only allows one press before it closes the number pad, making score editing a real PITA.

As an example of these last two items, say I put in a 3 when my buddy birdied with a 2. Not wanting to be quite as much of a bastard as I am, I pull up the poor slob's score again, and hit 2, thinking it'll replace the 3. That ends up with 32 next to the player's name. Funny, but not quite what I want. Since only one press of the number pad registers at a time, I then have to select the player again, hit the backspace to erase the 2, select the player again, erase the remaining 3, select the player again, and then hit 2 to completely correct the problem.

Being able to backspace repeatedly, leaving the number pad open, and then have the number pad close after a single number press would be fantastic.

In case it makes a difference, I'm using an old iPod Touch with the latest 3.x software.

Thank you very much!

Powdertoast, i'll work on that soon, i know its a pain. My only suggestion is dont make mistakes? Just kidding. I'll get it fixed soon. I pushed out an update tonight that'll probably take a week to get through apple's hands that shows the correct hole numbers on the group round and shows the running over/under totals for each player.

enjoy.

I just used this for the first time today, worked pretty well.
Two suggestions that I'd like to see: A way to save a group round. I kept score for our group today, and as soon as the round was over I wanted to look back over the hole by hole score and was kind of shocked to see that it had only saved my scores. As soon as you exit the group round, the other player's scores are lost.
I'd also like to be able to save repeat player's scores/stats. If you play with the same group on a regular basis, as I'm sure a lot of us do, it'd be nice to be able to look at your buddies' stats at a glance.

I haven't had a chance to really explore too many other options yet, but so far so good. Honestly though, if the group round is lost as soon as I exit the card, I don't think I'll be using this app too often. It defeats the purpose for me.

From the group round screen just click "list" and pick the roun you want to see

Well there you go. :)

Interestingly enough, I just tried this and I got a list of three rounds, all from yesterday (I only played/scored one round) and all three were null/void with no info. Maybe I effed something up.

Weird. It is supposed to save everything as you enter the scores. I will look into it and see if theres something messed up with it that i dont know about.

I think was operator error. I just went through and re-entered the scores like I would during a round, viewed the card, closed it and it saved mine. Probably something I did...

Two more things I'd like to see.
Ability to adjust par for each separate tee position. Our course has two separate baskets, but we typically have two set configurations. I planned on using one layout as red tees and one as white, but I can't set the course up this way in the app because the par is set on the entire hole, not each separate tee.
Also, don't close the text input box after hitting delete. Just a minor annoyance, but I figure since I have your attention. :)

I'm planning on working on both those things for the next update. I haven't put out a new update for the app in a while, but i'm working on some major upgrades for this summer. Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been looking for this thread for a while. I just got my iphone and your app. I really enjoy it so far, but there are two minor things I'd like to see improved.

1. It would be great if I could change course information during the middle of a round. I'd like to be able to adjust a hole's par while I'm playing. i'm too lazy to do it the other way.

2. The only way I see to save a round is if I hit quit, and then save before quitting. I'd like a save round button, because I feel like I'm doing it wrong (it is very possible that I actually am doing it wrong.)

3. oh wait, there's a third. The most valuable thing I see from the app is the ability to save my tendencies and long term trends over time. When I'm playing the app shows me my best/worst score and average. I'd like to be able to access this same information in a summary for a course, instead of having to do it from within a round.

curt said:
I've been looking for this thread for a while. I just got my iphone and your app. I really enjoy it so far, but there are two minor things I'd like to see improved.

1. It would be great if I could change course information during the middle of a round. I'd like to be able to adjust a hole's par while I'm playing. i'm too lazy to do it the other way.

2. The only way I see to save a round is if I hit quit, and then save before quitting. I'd like a save round button, because I feel like I'm doing it wrong (it is very possible that I actually am doing it wrong.)

3. oh wait, there's a third. The most valuable thing I see from the app is the ability to save my tendencies and long term trends over time. When I'm playing the app shows me my best/worst score and average. I'd like to be able to access this same information in a summary for a course, instead of having to do it from within a round.

1- I will add that capability in the new version
2- I'll look into a good place for a save button
3- if you click on a course name from the courses menu you should see best/worst/ave scores for that course. Do you mean you'd like to see the hole by hole breakdown also?

2. I'm not sure you actually need to add a button, but maybe change the wording on the existing one. maybe change the option to save, quit and save, or quit without saving. Really, its just that "quit without saving makes me feel like I did something wrong" Now that I know I'm not, it probably won't bother me anymore.

3. Yes. I'd like a hole by hole breakdown so that I can look and see where I'm really having troubles in my round over time. Something as simple as a scorecard that has hole averages on it would satisfy me. Basically I what holes in particular I have the most opportunity to improve my score on.

I think it was mentioned before but I would love if the player order was correct for the hole based on previous holes

Latest posts