• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

iphone/itouch Scorecard Apps.

Usher

Birdie Member
Golf Mate

I have found an app for the itouch that I use for a scorecard when playing disc golf. This app is really easy to use and it lets you enter your names (up to 4) and create courses and set the pars for each hole. Nothing too special but very effective! I think that it cost $0.99 so it is a must for those that are looking for an easy way to keep score. Way better than birdie beads!

Usher

I use the same app for my iPhone when playing. It's really great and easy to use. Names at the top, holes on the left side, scores in the middle, you're given the ability to name was course you're playing for this reason: You can e-mail all the info to yourself or others you're playing with so that it's easy to keep up with what you scored on that course. Me and some other friends played about 4 courses when I first got that app., and It really helped in keeping track of score, seeing who was in the lead, etc. etc.

The only drawback to this app. is that you can't write in "out of bounds" or penalty strokes at all. You just kind of have to remember and take it into account on your own.

Overall, a great 0.99 cent investment.

Funny, I was just headed over here to post a review on this exact app! I have been looking for a basic score card that I could use for disc golf and this one fits the bill perfectly for simple scorekeeping.

here's the iTunes Store link for Golf Mate (clicking that link will open up to the app page in iTunes FYI).

Looks like new features are coming to Golf Mate once it's released on the App Store (via the Golf Mate product page):

Version 1.2.0 ( March 11, 2009 )

Added option to color-code scores based on over/under.
Added option to display over/under amounts.
Bug Fixes.

The new version of Golf Mate is up on the App Store. New features are nice!

This was on the HFDS forum:

Originally Posted by zipper
There is a nice little app for the iphone where you can map out holes for your favorite bolf course. Of course there is no evil thing that can't be turned to good. As long as you can find the Tee box on Google Maps, and the pin, you can map the course. The benefit, well, if you have your phone with you, you have a semi-accurate range finder in your pocket. Illegal in trournament play, but fun nonetheless. You can map distances to layups etc. etc.

I've mapped the willy, if you have an iphone, download the app, imakepar, and search for Tom Bass Wilmont. Once I get out there with my phone, I'll check tee placements and do some clean up on the map.

Lyle

New version of Golf Mate released yesterday, change color of over/under, par entry moved to bottom of hole screen, par entry can be "locked". Prob other stuff I am forgetting.

There is one that I think is just called "Disc Golf" that was 99 cents that my girl and I use when we're out (its her iPhone). Pretty simple but it looks pretty, heh.

Might have to check out Golf Mate though.

Here is a link to the aforementioned "Disc Golf" app.

Disc Golf at Sutibo Software

Looks like they're adding saved courses soon and are really trying to improve it overall.

@klay - that "Disc Golf" app is too goofy of an interface for me, I never got past that to even check out the features.

Golf Mate is 99¢ as well.

I like Golf Mate but I wish it could score more then 18 holes.

drop a line to the dev, seems to be open to feature requests, although I haven't recieved a direct reply. I just see the new features in the app.

Latest posts