• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] is the Axis in your bag?

I have thrown an Axis once and it turned over nicely and held the line, might have to try it again after reading all of the reviews.

Axis is in the bag, can't say I love it yet, but I am throwing it alot. I'm not really sure if it's slicker than Z. The thing that I really like about it is the way it seems to glide forever.

FWIW i'm going from a small sample size.

I also like MVP products, i had an Ion in the bag for a while but the magic just suits my personal needs better.

Yes, but now that I've found another mystical flat and opaque CMD2 it might come out again.

Soft Proton plastic. In the sub freezing temps we had today when I was playing my regular plastic was so slick. Had to use my soft Anodes so I could grip them, even though they were as stiff as regular.

I use S Ions. I think they are fine for putting. What I meant was, if someone was used to grippy, baseline putters, I could understand even S Proton being too slick.

I think the Proton grip is ok...it's not grippy, for sure, and it's the slickest I've seen yet, but it's not like slippery or anything. My issue with it is the stiffness...like just a little more give to the plate for my grip. I may do a couple of axis-only rounds and see if it grows on me any more, but I really can't see it replacing other similar-but-better-for-me mids. Really is a nice disc in a lot of ways.