• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a Disc Golf day?

Current weather conditions here.

Temperature: 14°F
Wind Chill: -2°
Wind: From NNW at 17mph gusting to 23mph
Ground: About 3" of snow

Well, disc golf day is definitely not today, that's for sure.

dang dude, you guys are several months behind. down here in 'good ol windy as sh*t oklahoma' its 80s with gusts over 40mph, aside from the wind its perfect. screw it, its perfect anyway. like i said as soon as im done puttin around on this computer il be jump puttin around on the course! see yall out there!

I think that's because he posted that in January? However it's 36 here not too windy but the good (good being relative in this case) courses here are all 20 feet under water. I have yet to play a snowfree round this year. Good times.

Maybe April 20th?

We definitely need more association with this. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to make fun of some of goofball friends on this "holiday". I don't see the big deal, it is just another day and I will do the same things I would do on any other day of the year. ;)

Yes it's Hitlers B-day. But that's not why on 4/20. Damn it! it's my Birthday too. I still say June 28th

April 20th.

I love how so many claim to want the sports casual base to grow yet complain about the associations they find negative. I would argue that said association does more to attract players then the excercise benifits or fun of being horrible when starting.

Current weather conditions here.

Temperature: 14°F
Wind Chill: -2°
Wind: From NNW at 17mph gusting to 23mph
Ground: About 3" of snow

Well, disc golf day is definitely not today, that's for sure.

Would have been pretty all right except for the wind.

We had 20-30 degrees warmer, but snow (later rain) coming down at about 85 degrees from vertical (lot of wind). Today bit big time.

For the past few years I've petitioned National Get Outdoors Day to include DG as part of their nationwide activities...I got a reply last year, can't remember all the details, but they sounded interested.

Sadly, April 20th will be associated with Disc Golf far more than it should due to circumstances beyond our control. On one hand, it is nice to see people out playing. On the other, it's too bad that people can't just enjoy the sport on its own merits.

Latest posts