• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a reason that the PDGA does not follow rules?

Fixing the baskets is easier than you think.....the swedish baskets do not allow discs to go in the sides.......and Gateway Titans produce 80% less spits than the average basket........why not make a titan with a solid bottom......get the PDGA to standardize the design....and then allow all manufacturers to produce the same standardized basket with their own name on it.

i would support the idea of grandfathering all baskets made prior to now and requiring new baskets to not allow discs in the side. one more piece of metal and a few more welds is all it would take.

Add a netting device.......btw if anyone on here steals my idea....thanks.....I want the baskets to be better not the money.

Really though, I would like to design a set of "nets" TDs could easily add to the inside of the outer chains.......set of 18 reusable nets for around $100 bucks..

Your idea?

Sure it's easy to fix one basket, but all baskets? Everywhere? Not impossible, but not very likely to happen.

That is why you start at the top.......NTs and Majors.....the baskets are awarded to the highest bidding company for one season.

Standardize this at some point and all new baskets would be of the same type......others would be grandfathered in......but according to PDGA specs large events may eventually be required to play on the standard basket.

i would support the idea of grandfathering all baskets made prior to now and requiring new baskets to not allow discs in the side. one more piece of metal and a few more welds is all it would take.

I'd support that as well.

Your idea?

He probably got it from me........not really but Dave and I have had quite a few theoretical DG conversations.........and in 2007 the "players union" that met in KC felt that the baskets were one of the biggest problems with the game........Climo has said the same thing.

Guess you could say it is now a commonly held ideal TARGET for many golfers.

TARGET is a key term IMO

That is why you start at the top.......NTs and Majors.....the baskets are awarded to the highest bidding company for one season.

Standardize this at some point and all new baskets would be of the same type......others would be grandfathered in......but according to PDGA specs large events may eventually be required to play on the standard basket.

Again, I'd support that, but we'd still need the rule for the grandfathered baskets. :p

I think this basket is a great step in the right direction.

VortexBrochure01%20copy.jpg

Discs wedging is a fault of the manufactors. That simple.

I think this basket is a great step in the right direction.

VortexBrochure01%20copy.jpg

Still inferior to a Titan.....but better than all the "common" baskets....and the direction we need to be going

IMO Discatchers are better than Machs or Chainstars.....

Heavier inner chains to wonders.....slows the disc down even more and in the case of the titan 95% or more of putts have stopped before reaching the pole.

The Tech Specs for gap size in baskets was already tightened up several years ago so all new baskets like the Vortex have met the new spec of no more than 18 cm. Innova reduced their basket gap size to comply in their recent basket upgrade to 14 spokes from 12. DGA is expected to follow suit within the next year with their own smaller gap version.

The Tech Specs for gap size in baskets was already tightened up several years ago so all new baskets like the Vortex have met the new spec of no more than 18 cm. Innova reduced their basket gap size to comply in their recent basket upgrade to 14 spokes from 12. DGA is expected to follow suit within the next year with their own smaller gap version.

Are you talking about the crappy (spit per round avg) mach IIs? Mach IIIs have those huge gapes on the left/right side of the pole as well so the new specs should do a world of improvement.

BTW I applaud the PDGA's effort to improve our targets

We gave the Manufacturers with grandfathered baskets an incentive to make the gaps smaller by waiving the approval fee for a design change. Seems to have worked in some cases.

We gave the Manufacturers with grandfathered baskets an incentive to make the gaps smaller by waiving the approval fee for a design change. Seems to have worked in some cases.

Why not allow a 3 year period in which they have to fix the specs? Grandfather in the baskets currently on our courses.....allow them plenty of time to fix the problem......but don't let them produce the grandfathered designs forever without some consequence.

Textile mills were required by the government to reduce airborn pollution to 1000 parts per million in the early 1900s and then 2-3 years later were required to reduce the levels to 100 parts per million......within the next 3 years.

Basically the govt required standards........they made the change.......and then were required soon after to make an even more difficult change at their own expense.....and that of southern textile workers who lost their jobs.

What does this have to do with baskets? Both are meant to advance a cause..... while ours is a much easier one given current technology

In fact the manufactures have no true obstacle to changing the design........besides wanting to be the only $200 permanent option available....even if that means garbage catching ability.

the best thing we could have done about the problem was to simply continue to let the shots count if in the basket regardless of whether they went through the side or not. introducing the human factor into it was a mistake.

i say this despite the fact that nothing in dg pisses me off more than seeing someone i'm playing against stick one in the side.

Exactly!

Scoot_er - Why not allow a 3 year period in which they have to fix the specs? Grandfather in the baskets currently on our courses.....allow them plenty of time to fix the problem......but don't let them produce the grandfathered designs forever without some consequence.
That is happening. Once DGA updates their basket, all new targets produced in the Championship category will meet the specs except for the Titan which still needs to tighten their gap from 20.5cm down to 18 on their basket.

That is happening. Once DGA updates their basket, all new targets produced in the Championship category will meet the specs except for the Titan which still needs to tighten their gap from 20.5cm down to 18 on their basket.

Outside gaps I am sure........and those should catch amazing with 2 more outer chains