• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is your wife cool with DG?

My wife has MD and struggles to walk with 2 quad canes. So even if she wanted to she couldn't walk a course. But she supports me going. I want her to see how cool the game is and how much I enjoy it. I think she could do Zilker Park in her power chair but she's afraid to try it.

You should really urge her to give it a try. One of our club members here in Greenville, NC relies heavily on a cane all the time, and he just won the Advanced Men's division at our yearly B-tier. He's about 915-rated. I think disc golf really helps keep him in shape.

My girlfriend of 4 years hated the idea of me playing disc golf when I first started playing. I took her out one day and we played and she loved it immediately when she made that first shot.

Same thing when I took her fishing for the first time. :thmbup:

My wife drove 3 hours out and 3 hours back with me to play in her first ace race on saturday.

Then spent 2 hours today driving around to various stores looking at backpacks.

My wife is very supportive of me playing. My last hobby was custom vehichles so in terms of that DG is cheap and she's cool with it.

20 years ago my girlfriend would go play with me all the time. Roll forward to today, married and 3 kids later, the same woman doesn't like anything I do that even sounds like a hobby. And I don't even play tourneys or buy lots of plastic. But, I still enjoy disc golf so much, and know that having a good hobby is important for me.

I believe that translates to: "I don't mind you having a hobby", "Why is there a dead guys ashes that we don't know in my house?", last but not least....."Why do you spend your time clicking that mouse when you should be clicking mine?!?!"

Part of it was she was holding the ashes disc in her hand looking at it closely then said, "Why is this disc so expensive?"
I said, "because it has a dead guy's ashes in it"
She screamed and threw the disc across the room. I laughed, she did not find it so funny...(well Ed got to fly freely once before going up on the wall)

My wife plays, shot a nice 942 rated round to finish 4th in MA2 against 45 boys two weeks back. The down side is no playing without her. If she doesn't want to play, we don't play.

The wife has been out with me one time and did not like it at all.
She doesn't know a hyzer from a rollaway.
I don't play as much as I'd like, but she knows that DG is good excercise for a GrandMaster.
We work it out.

My wife drove 3 hours out and 3 hours back with me to play in her first ace race on saturday.

Then spent 2 hours today driving around to various stores looking at backpacks.

And you sir , have picked a winner. I never saw her without a smile on her face from 9:30 to 2:30. Plus she can throw!

Mine plays some and likes DG, but she gave up her Saturday to help run the AR above.

My wife was a DGCR member before I was. But, she didn't know just how obsessed one can get, and is starting to regret introducing me to the site.

So, to answer the question.... Sometimes.

My wife introduced me to the sport and has been extremely supportive. Most times she is right there on the course with me, but since she has been pregnant, she has cut back on playing all holes...either way, on most days she is right there beside me.

She doesn't play but she's totally cool with my playing ... as long as I can leave her somewhere with my paycheck ... :D

Well this chick supports her man playing DG. Because I am right there with him. I am maybe even more addicted than he is. We are getting to know other couples and are starting to play different courses every Sunday and doing couple doubles. We traveled to Selah Ranch together and we put a team together for Texas Teams. DG is our passion. My daughter loves it too.

My wife isnt into playing sports herself, but she supports anything that is good for my health.

She walked along at the last final I played and was very excited. She told me afterwards that she never was so excited watching sports before. Maybe I can get her to caddy for me some day :D

My wife plays nearly every round I do, and suggested we take our honeymoon at Highbridge Hills. We did. It was awesome. Sometimes its a little difficult to convince her we need to do some course bagging when we're out of town, but she's always glad to be out there. I love her more than anything, and look forward to discing with her for another 40+ years.

Latest posts