• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Items to have

I rely on my Stanley FATMAX (1 1/4" wide) 50 foot tape. I can't count how many times I've pulled discs out of trees with it. I've fished them out as high as 25 feet. I've pulled discs out of water, too, but it will only extend about 13 feet straight out before collapsing.
One of the great advantages of using a tape measure to poke discs out is that its a helluva lot less stressful on the tree than throwing things into it or climbing it.
:thmbup:

^That. And, a tape doesn't have little nubbins and twigs sticking off of it like a long branch. So it's easier to sneak through the trees and shake a disc loose.

I like the tape measure idea. Here's the items I usually have in my Crunch Box besides my discs.

* water bottle
* snacks (trail mix, energy bars, etc)
* bug repellent
* small note pad & pen
* a small towel for wiping hands and discs
* light weight water resistant wind breaker in cooler or damp weather

A laser measurer works great for checking LPs & CTPs during league/tournaments.

I like the tape measure idea. Here's the items I usually have in my Crunch Box besides my discs.

* water bottle
* snacks (trail mix, energy bars, etc)
* bug repellent
* small note pad & pen
* a small towel for wiping hands and discs
* light weight water resistant wind breaker in cooler or damp weather

+1. I carry the same.

Orange Ring Retriever. Extends from 22 inches to 10 ft. Fits perfectly in the umbrella/stool slot on backpack style bags. They are not the most heavy duty and will give out after a year or so, but they are very worth it and I keep buying them when they go out.

The end of a roll of transparent duck tape and 8 Flight LED Lights. Can use the duck tape for shoe repair, to put the LED's on your disc, or for taping sticks together for tree or water disc retrieval. I like the end of a roll cause you can flatten it...

What also works is a credit card or room key. Wrap 10' of tape around that to reduce weight and volume in your bag.

If you wrap the tape around a full deck of cards (in their box), you can remove the cards and slide your LED lights inside. You can also fit a few pencils and folded up blank score cards in the duck taped box.

I always have my snake bite kit and 10m string of 550 cord on me.

He doesn't, that's why he carries around a baby fox to do it for him. :|

I used to carry a lot more than I do today, but I usually carry a spare bungie cord, baseball (haven't seen my hockey puck in a while), golden retriever, poop bags, eyeglass cleaner, Clif bars, pencils, a reusable score card, and a bottle opener.

As many times as I've used the retriever, it's only returned a disc once. Last weekend I had to wade into a freezing creek to get my (and my buddy's) disc(s) after five minutes of frustration trying to deal with the retriever in the creek's current. Definitely looking at a Disc Gator to replace it.

I used to carry a lot more than I do today, but I usually carry a spare bungie cord, baseball (haven't seen my hockey puck in a while), golden retriever, poop bags, eyeglass cleaner, Clif bars, pencils, a reusable score card, and a bottle opener.

As many times as I've used the retriever, it's only returned a disc once. Last weekend I had to wade into a freezing creek to get my (and my buddy's) disc(s) after five minutes of frustration trying to deal with the retriever in the creek's current. Definitely looking at a Disc Gator to replace it.

Perhaps you should just play courses with restrooms.

The end of a roll of transparent duck tape and 8 Flight LED Lights. Can use the duck tape for shoe repair, to put the LED's on your disc, or for taping sticks together for tree or water disc retrieval. I like the end of a roll cause you can flatten it...

What also works is a credit card or room key. Wrap 10' of tape around that to reduce weight and volume in your bag.

If you wrap the tape around a full deck of cards (in their box), you can remove the cards and slide your LED lights inside. You can also fit a few pencils and folded up blank score cards in the duck taped box.

Damn, MacGuyver. I hear yah. :hfive:

I don't carry much of anything extra, I'm just zen like that. I've got two erasable scorecards I rarely use, a sharpie, and lots of finely ground leaf debris.

Damn, MacGuyver. I hear yah. :hfive:

I don't carry much of anything extra, I'm just zen like that. I've got two erasable scorecards I rarely use, a sharpie, and lots of finely ground leaf debris.

Lol, Im always amazed how much debris is in my bag.

Real answer:

2 Sharpies
Toothpicks
1/4 sheet of 150 grit Sandpaper
2-5 hand towels
Water or tea (and, often, beer or a flask)
2 Lighters
A small stash
Birdie beads
A granola bar (or two) that are smashed to crumbs
A few extra zip-lock bags
A couple plastic grocery bags for pickup up other people's trash
A koozie
Sometimes a bluetooth speaker (if there's no one around) which I keep pretty darned quiet

And several frisbees.

Latest posts