• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Items to have

GUIDELINES

Plus technically, you're not discussing anything illegal. :)

b2b8f8441aa4811dcac169a9a5daba7e618b089a3271e525711cc4bcf95d891e.jpg

Well, if you have a card it's not illegal. Unless you share. Then it is.
I don't have a card. But I live in Oregon. Where it's legal. Starting next July 1. Not now. If you're 21. Which I remember being. Sort of. So I guess I sortof broke the rule. Sortof. Anyway, anyone who's been on a course or two knows more people are carrying it than are carrying tape measures. Still, I broke the rule first. My bad. Sort of.

Well, if you have a card it's not illegal. Unless you share. Then it is.
I don't have a card. But I live in Oregon. Where it's legal. Starting next July 1. If you're 21. Not now. So I guess I sortof broke the rule. Sortof. Anyway, anyone who's been on a course or two know more people are carrying it than tape measures. Still, I broke the rule first. My bad. Sortof.

You're forgiven.

Besides, this post was about what is in the bag; items to have. In which case, I must have! :p jk! kind of!

Shoot. See what I did? I kindof broke the rule again there.

But really though, I like to carry a pen and paper of some sort because I like to leave notes for discists behind me letting them know I lost a disc and to keep an eye out for it. I have had multiple discs found and returned this way.

Also a towel.

Oh, a mini flashlight to charge up my glo buzzz

GUIDELINES

Plus technically, you're not discussing anything illegal. :)

hatersgonnahatep1.gif

Hahaha, yessssss.

Anyway, things to have: I always have a full size bath towel and I always wear my vff. At the majestic this year many people loved me. Water hazard at Oakwood? No bigs. I got mmytowel and my toe shoes, I got you homie.

Happens a lot at the courses. I make lots of friends and get perks from lots of peeps for free. :)

Hahaha, yessssss.

Anyway, things to have: I always have a full size bath towel and I always wear my vff. At the majestic this year many people loved me. Water hazard at Oakwood? No bigs. I got mmytowel and my toe shoes, I got you homie.

Happens a lot at the courses. I make lots of friends and get perks from lots of peeps for free. :)

A lot of people wear those vffs. Maybe I should try some out. I heard they are both awesome and bad for your legs and feet. Hmmm!

A lot of people wear those vffs. Maybe I should try some out. I heard they are both awesome and bad for your legs and feet. Hmmm!

Depends. If you walk like you're supposed to instead of ramming your heels into the ground like you're trying to pound nails you'll be fine. Your feet and ligaments, etc will be sore at first and then they'll get much stronger. Don't run or Sprint in them at first. You can hurt yourself.

It's not right for everyone though. Some people it may harm. It's up to you decide. I personally have never felt more sure on my feet.

As usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. :)

Depends. If you walk like you're supposed to instead of ramming your heels into the ground like you're trying to pound nails you'll be fine. Your feet and ligaments, etc will be sore at first and then they'll get much stronger. Don't run or Sprint in them at first. You can hurt yourself.

It's not right for everyone though. Some people it may harm. It's up to you decide. I personally have never felt more sure on my feet.

As usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. :)

Cool. I feel like they have a secret power that if you tap into, you will be more in tune with your body and soul and be super agile. BOOM instant spider man

Cool. I feel like they have a secret power that if you tap into, you will be more in tune with your body and soul and be super agile. BOOM instant spider man

Even if they don't work for you....you WILL feel like a damn ninja the first time you put them on.

A 10" folding saw.

Unfortunately it's fairly common to find crudely hand snapped branches on my local course. I clean up the damage as best as I can and move it off the fairway.

If they don't have enough integrity to not snap branches; why don't they just pick up the disc and walk back to center fairway. I hate disc golfers, I just love disc golf.

A 10" folding saw.

Unfortunately it's fairly common to find crudely hand snapped branches on my local course. I clean up the damage as best as I can and move it off the fairway.

If they don't have enough integrity to not snap branches; why don't they just pick up the disc and walk back to center fairway. I hate disc golfers, I just love disc golf.

So you hate yourself? :( that sucks man!

*rootin for ya*

Another item I have found really handy is my smartphone to keep score. Beats the heck out of paper and pencil, especially on a hot day. Doesn't need to have mobile data on, and can keep statistics such as greens (circles) hit, putts, etc. Much quicker too after one masters the program.

I take my dog along to locate my discs and if i get a disc stuck in the tree i have the dogs retractable leash, i hold the dumb end and throw the handle at the disc. A little crude but its double function for me, where i don't have to carry another item to get the disc. I take my smartphone for scoring and music. I'd pay good money for DGCR to have a scoring app where i don't have to double enter scores. I'm disowning PDGA's app this next year as they deleted all my summer scores when they updated their app, i'll have to check out the other threads for ideas on best apps. Towels are a must any time of year. Then all i carry extra is water and some snacks depending on when/where I play.