• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I've been taking it easy.

Just a suggestion, don't get too obsessive about weighing yourself.

Pick a specific time during the day for a weigh-in and stick with that for all of your future weigh-ins, as your weight does vary during the day. For the best ego-boost go for pre-breakfast, after any trips to the bathroom.

Weigh yourself, then put the scale away for two weeks. Come back at the same time under the same conditions, weigh. Repeat until you're at your goal and staying there consistently.

You had a good show this time, but usually if you're checking the scale after a binge, you're reinforcing the negative you already know, you over-did it.

Before Friday and Saturday I did not weigh myself at all. Nor did I weigh myself today on Sunday. I plan on mainly only seeing what I have done once a week. I find it better to go week to week its just in another post there was mention of finding out sooner in order to stay focused. I guess both are correct answers depending on who you are talking to. Since everyone is different it mean not one thing will work for everyone. On the other hand maybe you tried everything and a suggestion you heard and tried ended up being what helped you over the hump. For that reason I am always open to listen to all suggestions. This way I can test and weed out the one that work from the ones that do not.

Hey RcRacer,

I wanted to take a moment to give you a slightly different way to think about losing weight. I was initially put onto this new way of thinking after listening to episodes # 254 and 255 of the C-Realm Podcast. http://crealm.libsyn.com/

The basic premise is to cut out alcohol, carbohydrates, and sugars. Alcohol was easy enough to cut out for us. The carbs and sugars are the challenge. Realistically, anything processed has lots of carbs. The two podcasts will explain why you want to cut those three things out.

The reason it's so hard to do is because the Industrial Agricultural system we have is so entrenched and so powerful that the corporations are the ones that lobby the governmental agencies and basically write their own nutritional guidelines that get adopted as the "Official" dietary wisdom of the times. The problem is we're all told that these guidelines will keep us healthy. That's where the new style of thinking comes into play. The real reason that the guidelines are the way they are is because it makes these huge corporations more profits if we're buying all their crap "food-like" products instead of buying truly healthy and real food.

The vast amounts of processed sugars and modified starches (carbs) out there in processed food spikes the bloodsugar stimulating an insulin response. Think of sugar and carbs as the same thing because your body converts the carbs to sugar. When your insulin response has been activated, your body will store what you eat as fat. It's a defense mechanism of your body to do this. The level of sugar and Carbs in a typical american diet is at toxic levels. One quote from the podcast above is that when you see yourself at a really heavy weight, it's a sign that your body is doing the only thing it can to save your life and that's to store all that harmful starch and sugar as fat.

Once I cut out all the processed food, started buying all natural organic, fresh items, my weight started to drop all by itself. I'd encourage you to do more research into this. It worked for my family. Also it might seem that all organic and natural food is expensive. It is, but we find that we don't need to eat as much so we're actually spending less $ per month on more expensive food products.

My typical daily diet is to have plain eggs in the morning (2-3) with just salt and pepper. For lunch, I have a half a quart of an all natural yogurt with a handful of organic trailmix and an organic apple and bananna. For dinner, we make a stir fry with either grass fed beef, or free-range chicken. After about a week of cutting carbs and sugars out, your body's insulin response will change over and you'll start burning away all that fat that you've stored. Stick with this diet until you get to the weight you want. Then slowly start adding some natural carbs back like organic potato or rice, but only in limited amounts when you know you'll burn it off.

This information is all out there but you won't find it in any mainstream sources because of the greediness of our corporations. I'd suggest starting with those two podcasts. It'll take two hours to listen to them and you'll have a feeling for yourself of whether it's for you or not.

Hope this helps and I applaud your effort to change your own reality and lifestyle. You can do it. I know you can. Heck, if our family could finally see through all the BS and make the change, anyone can.

DH

Thank you for your insightful post.

I tend to believe taking out alcohol, carbohydrates, and sugars is a good thing. How ever there should always be a moderate amount allowed in order to keep a balance. For instance: I am going to going to keep those three things out of my diet for 6 days. Then one day I will allow pretty much anything that I have been craving to pass through me. This way I get it out of my system and I have one day out of the week to look forward to. Instead of wishing and missing the days I could eat that stuff then completely falling off and giving in.

My online journals are something that help me. The way I see it I have to be held accountable. Sure I could stop and maybe a couple people may wonder what happened. After a short while they to will forget and there will be no one to care about how I am or where. More then likely I will have quit what I was doing and be just as Big as I always have been. On the other hand if I keep this up and reach my goals. maybe I will inspire some one else to do this as well. Plus they will have a blue print of all of my ups and downs to see it was not easy what I have done and it will be tough for them as well.

Too many times I see those products on TV showing these in shape people that say they were where I am. I never get a full picture of all they have done to get there. This is why I am determined to keep up with my online journals. I currently have three. Facebook, a blog, and here. I update each one at different times.

Calorie counting is where it is at. My wife lost a bunch of weight using "lose-it", it is a great tool. It gives you a calorie budget and factors in exercise, another cool thing is it has the calories of food/dishes at a lot of fast food/take out joints (plus if you have a smart phone you can get the app). Check it out... http://www.loseit.com/

I love this app! Worked great for me too. With that said it is not for everyone but do give it a try.

Dg+healthy eating = fewer pounds

I love this app! Worked great for me too. With that said it is not for everyone but do give it a try.

I do not have a smart phone yet, but my brother-in-law is getting us one. For now I am just watching what I am eating and not over loading my bowl or plate. The best part is I still feel full all day. Also if I have the need like right now I am not hungry, but I am going to the fridge and I will drink one glass of water. This helps curb my desires. I may invest in some celery sticks because those are empty calories and actually burn more calories digesting them then the give you.

By the way I am off to a great start today and I am not going to weigh myself until Sunday morning. I badly want to before that, but I have to discipline myself in all aspects of life.

515O39RygdL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

^this is a great book and their quinoa-oatmeal is awesome. I can eat a bowl of this and go to school, play basketball, and not be hungry until nearly dinner time. Quinoa is great b/c it's a complete protein, reduces bad cholesterol, is just basically nutritionally stellar.

Agreed. Quinoa is very good stuff. Learn to cook a little and mix in some different herbs and spices and you'll never miss the junk food. Well maybe just a little bit, but that is what the rare cheat day is for.

Good luck is all I can say man. I'm pretty big myself (250ish) but I've kept this weight for like 2 years now. Eating healthy and walking every day will definitely make you drop some weight.

**UPDATE***

I have been keeping my facebook notes updated like crazy and pretty much forgot about this one. I am now down to 380 and shooting to get to 375 by Sunday. I can earn an extra 5 bucks from my brother-in-law if I do.

I am slowly able to do more and more each day.

I do eat oatmeal everyday however I have not tried Quinoa yet. I will have to give it a whirl. I am trying a few different things to see what really works and what should be left alone.

Latest posts