• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I've lost control of my Vulcan!

IamHOLLYWOOD

I've played off and on since college but never more than the casual round and took a 4 year break after graduating. I just picked the discs back up and thought I'd buy the new HOT discs all in blizzard plastic. Big mistake seeing as my control is lacking and throwing something that light just doesn't work for me at this point in my game. Anyways I've played nearly every day for the last year and have recently become very serious in driving the correct way. Paying close attention to pulling straight back, elbow close to the body, coming through the core, and follow through, follow through, follow through. Now to my question...I grabbed a Vulcan when switching over and had no problem throwing it for the first couple weeks pushed right and faded at the end perfectly. Recently though Its become a train wreck every time i throw it. It flies stable for the first 100' or so and then dips hard onto the right edge and rolls like a bat out of hell when it hits the ground. My technique is not pro by any means but I feel I have a fairly good grasp on what discs are meant to do and how to throw them. I have other discs that serve the same purpose as the Vulcan but I always got more distance out of the Vulcan and would like to continue to use it. One final note, I only started having this problem after I landed on cement and put a large scuff around the outer edge. Could this be causing it to be so errant or is it strictly a form issue? Has anybody every had a disc randomly go to §hit after having no issues for months? Somebody HELP!

Last edited:
The Vulcan is an understable disc and will flip.
Sounds like you're form improvement is working :thmbup:
I would advise a more stable disc in your choice of plastic/manufacturer.

keep the vulcan. learn to control it. learn to throw all sorts of shots with it. from roller to hyzer flips that come back at the end.

Just ripping everything into rollers is not a sign that your form is improving. It smells of oat. work your vulcan till you can throw it 350 just holding its hyzer without it flipping over. Actually, this is exactly what I always say about comets...

Unless that scuff is really the thing killing it. I'd buy a new one and see how much of a difference that scuff makes. And as bonus you will have two practice discs afterwards.

Use your blizzard Vulcan as your roller. Pick up a blizzard Boss 150-155 for wide open max distance no to light wind. The only good Vulcans for me are new 175 champion. They got knocked out of my main bag however for 175 champion Katanas and the blizz Bosses.