• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Jawbreaker Plastic?

Stable

* Ace Member *
Just saw a post about this on Discraft's FB page. Is this a limited run or a new production blend? I'm hoping this is a more durable plastic then Pro-D or their X-Soft. If so I might have to start putting with Bangers again.

Attachments

• Discraft.jpg
    Discraft.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 282
Could be there KC Pro/350g type plastic they've been lacking. Maybe a production run of the CT (Crazy Tough) plastic they used for the Ledgestone Challangers with some swirly style.

People in the Zone thread have mentioned that it feels like there's rubber in it so I wouldn't hold my breath for a KC blend.

CTish would be amazeballs. If you told me I could have a CT Hornet Id have skipped work today to throw it.

I may have wrongly assumed CT would be very similar to XT.

I'd throw an XT Hornet all day for sure... :)

Damn you 5 minute edit rule!

Yeah, CT is more like G9i plastic than anything. It doesn't feel as good or as durable as G9i but chunks like it so I'm sure it'll stop chunking after a while like G9i does.

Those swirls kinda look like the release agent/speckles in Vibram discs.

That's what I was thinking. Someone above says that folks have said it felt rubbery so that would fit in with the vibram-ish plastic as well.

The coloration also looks like some of the really early run star stuff to me. Lately it's been more swirled if anything, but some of the early run star was sort of blotchy like that appears to be.

I like the look of it. "Jawbreaker" is a perfect name for that appearance.

I just ordered a couple of each for my store to try them out. Hopefully they'll be here by Tuesday. I believe that it is going to be a normal production run based on the way they put them on their order form. They created a whole new section for Jawbreaker.

So that's 2 new plastics? There was talk in the DGA Steady thread about a new blend with those. Can't remember the name.

Nice to see Discraft trying new stuff for sure. If they come out with Comets in this blend I'd try one.

So that's 2 new plastics? There was talk in the DGA Steady thread about a new blend with those. Can't remember the name.

Nice to see Discraft trying new stuff for sure. If they come out with Comets in this blend I'd try one.

The Stone Steady?

Looks like lightning discs lol. But I like it. The name doesn't seem to fit discraft, but it's a good name for the way the plastic looks. I'd like to get my hands on one for fun.

Will they make the buzzz in this plastic?

*goes back and reads thread

Someone in the Zone thread compared it to Pro-D. Very disappointing.

Waxy, chunks off if you look at it cross Pro-D or something comparable to good DX runs of yesteryear? B/c Pro-D comparable to good DX would be fantastic.

Interesting marketing move. Frankly it reminds me of ugly carpet underlay made from recycled bits since the appearance doesn't matter.
b-grade-heart-n-soul-combination-carpet-underlay-half-rolls-only-19-in-stock-[3]-3575-p.jpg

Maybe Discraft has a lot of plastic scrap bits to recycle.

I think that was me....

I was told by the guy who sold me my jawbreaker zone that this is Pro-D plastic with a percentage of rubber mixed in. He could have very well been wrong about this though.

This plastic feels way better than any Pro-D or DX I've ever felt but it's certainly still baseline plastic.