• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

JLS question

burkehunter

I have an older JLS that was given to me back when I first started. I have been throwing it really well lately and was wondering what other discs by other companys are like a JLS? I also noticed that its got innova copyright or something on it, but doesn't millienium make the JLS?

millenium is molded by innova. There are tons of comparable discs. leo, eagle, tee bird. Depends on the els you have. A standard jls will be more like a leopard or tl. where the qjls will be like a mini eagle some turn with fade at the end. The jls is a great disc kind of under rated in my opinion. Just get another jls you won't be sorry.

The QJLS is a great all around disc. Very easy to throw dead straight, will hold a hyzer line and with a little more force will hold an anny line as well. Like the poster said above, it has a nice turn in the beginning of the flight but with some reliable fade. Not crazy fade but enough. You can totally work some nice lines with it. Highly recommended.

Can you get them in different plastic? because the one I got is like star plastic and I only saw the hard pro/dx plastic last time I looked.

Can you get them in different plastic? because the one I got is like star plastic and I only saw the hard pro/dx plastic last time I looked.

Their "star" plastic is called "sirius" plastic. It's the same thing.

FYI - their quantum plastic is the same as champion plastic.
their millennium plastic is the same as pro plastic.

Buy from www.discgolfcenter.com -- no shipping. Follow the link from this site.

Last edited:
How are the jls' comming out these days. I saw some qjls that were super domed, felt like I was holding a sandwich. I like mine average maybe a little flatter. And is the star plastic and millennium plastic good right now?

I just picked up a 1.9 QJLS that is just slightly domed. Definitely not ridiculously domed or anything. Pretty close to flat.

you asked for a disc that is similar to the JLS. Answer is the XL from Discraft. these discs are very similar in flight characteristics. They are not exact but similar. They also tend to behave similarly in similar plastics.

But as others have said the JLS is still readily available. I like both discs.

How are the jls' comming out these days. I saw some qjls that were super domed, felt like I was holding a sandwich. I like mine average maybe a little flatter. And is the star plastic and millennium plastic good right now?

In Millennium: Lighter ones are firmer and have a noticeable dome. Heavier ones are flatter and have a "soft" dome. Heavy ones in red and blue fly dead straight the first time you throw it. Light ones move around a little when new. The plastic feels and wears pretty good.

QJLS: Noticeable dome on all that I've seen.

Sirius: They all have an almost flat flight plate, just like the first runs. I can tell no difference from the first runs as far as the plastic goes. Great all around disc.