• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Junior New to site

The Birdie Beast

Birdie Member
Hi,
Well, I was a mainly sidearm player since a little bit ago when I decided to do some work on my backhand. I have seen how form critique helped some other juniors so I thought I would join the site and try it out.

Expect a critique video soon!;)

Welcome aboard, Birdie! Glad to have you. I started out as a "Flicka" myself (it's an invaluable skill to have) but have since discovered the wonders and majesty of the backhand. I encourage you to continue working on it, but play your game. Best of luck on improvement!

I will,
Just wondering does the youtube vid come up on the post if you put the youtube tags around it, or is that something else?

IF you look at the URL of a youtube video, it has a code at the end like EK6k4kIK or something. That's what you put in between the

It does, but in advanced editing it can be confusing.

For example, if you wanted to have the video in this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U_NNvJhcNI

to pop up, all you'd need to do is enter in between the YOUTUBE tabs that appear when you click that button the last little bit of gibberish after the equal sign.

Like this:

In short, the only thing you'd enter in between the YOUTUBE brackets is "_NNvJhcNI". Hope that's clear enough to help.

Just wondering could you post a video straight from your computer to here or does it have to be from youtube?

Hi,
Well, I was a mainly sidearm player since a little bit ago when I decided to do some work on my backhand. I have seen how form critique helped some other juniors so I thought I would join the site and try it out.

Expect a critique video soon!;)

There are many times when forehands are optimal. For instance, I used forehands on bad teeboxes or when I can throw a line that's easier to the basket with forehand.

Conversely, I use backhands when I need to keep my disc low-to-the-ground, like on holes with low canopies or when I have a good line picked out that's possible with a backhand.

Remember: one way of playing is not superior to the other. Learning both ways is 2X as much fun!

Rubber,
I misworded that, I ment to say that I am just taking some work off my FH to do some BH work.
I agree you the sidearm is a lifesaver on bad tee-pads.

How do you make those "moving" avatars (name is slipping my mind) also the same thing just in the avatar.(Like B3NDER's
Thanks

Last edited: