• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Reko

Well I'll be darned, I will have to pick up a few of these.

I carry two small bead Aviars and one of them has been in my bag for close to a decade.

Well I'll be darned, I will have to pick up a few of these.

I carry two small bead Aviars and one of them has been in my bag for close to a decade.

You will love them

I am a recent Kastaconvert and I'm digging their stuff.
The K3 is some of the finest baseline plastic I've felt. You can tell it has a very premium component to it.

I have been putting with the Reko for about a week now, and have been in love since I grabbed it! It takes some getting used to, as does any putter I believe, but the K3 is so nice, and I am starting to see the consistency coming through in my play. Great disc from Kastaplast, and a great brother disc for my K3 Berg!

I think I would love a K2 Reko now that I've had some time with the K3
I won't use the Reko as my putting putter simply bc Serpents have that on lock down but I really like the little bit of extra speed the Reko has for straight drives. Pair it with the supple K2 and I think you'd have one hell of a tee shot PnA disc.

You will love them

I am a recent Kastaconvert and I'm digging their stuff.
The K3 is some of the finest baseline plastic I've felt. You can tell it has a very premium component to it.

I'm glad to see some folks are coming around to Kastaplast.
JCassidy hits the nail on the head with the "slightly under stable Wizard" while also being molded up pretty tight light Fossil.
K3... just SO good.
Need to get some RDG K3 asap!

I spent more time with the Reko today. In the misty, icy weather it held its grip really well. It has a nice neutral flight pattern. It will be a hard decision between this and the Soft Proxy to keep in the bag. I really dig the K3 plastic. This is a fantastic disc.

Just wanted to drop some more love off for the Reko.

K3 is some of the best baseline plastic I have ever felt (and I'm a very cocky baseline elitist).
It is slightly gummy, really velvety and has just the right amount of rigidity.

In the circle the Reko flies like my seasoned Wizards which is something I adore.
Off the tee the Reko is a dead straight flyer that can finish with a slight anny.
I also love the small, yet wide bead that is just delicious in the hand.

If you want to give a new PnA a purchase to "fix" your putting, the Reko just might be the disc that gives you the confidence to actually practice and "know" the disc isn't the issue. I for one will be giving the Reko a healthy amount of work this coming season.

I love my k3 bergs, the way they are seasoning in beautifully. If I needed a putter in this class the Reko would be high on the short list.

Smashed dead center chains (cut through of course...) off the tee this weekend with my Reko!
Around 220 ft. shot with a touch of hyzer. My Reko popped up to flat, drifted and then finished with a mild fade right into the chains.

This is a special disc for me. Broad usage that extends out comfortable to 300 ft. all the way back in to zoned in confidence within the circle.

Yeah, I'm seeing less and less need for a mid range in the bag with this around. Anything in the 2-300 range and I'm liking the Reko, under that and the Berg is money.

Yeah, I'm seeing less and less need for a mid range in the bag with this around. Anything in the 2-300 range and I'm liking the Reko, under that and the Berg is money.

I won't go quite that far :p

But I will say this is a mold that needs to get into the hands of more players.
On the surface it is just another small bead PnA...

Upon feeling, throwing and putting the Reko, however, you will see it has a perfect set of attributes to break into your bag and start stealing shots from other discs.

Yeah I'm just always on the fence regarding the need for a dedicated mid. Kaxe and Leo work just fine for everything else the Reko won't do so and I hardly ever reach for a Theory or Shark anymore.

I'd definitely agree that more folks need to try this mold. It's definitely special.
In a couple years people are going to be kicking themselves they didn't try out Kastaplast sooner.

Has anyone heard if they plan to release the Reko in other plastics? I typically like premium plastic for anything but dedicated putters, so for an approach or driving putter, I'd love some K1/K2... I'd hate to give up my Scales/Serps, but I'm always open to trying new molds and have been very impressed by the Kaxe and Gyrm.

I'm sure they will. Actually makes more sense to have the Reko in K1 than the Berg imo... I also saw that they are testing out glow plastic on the Reko though it's not avail yet.

Has anyone heard if they plan to release the Reko in other plastics? I typically like premium plastic for anything but dedicated putters, so for an approach or driving putter, I'd love some K1/K2... I'd hate to give up my Scales/Serps, but I'm always open to trying new molds and have been very impressed by the Kaxe and Gyrm.

They wrote on their Facebook page 2 months ago that they are testing Reko in both K1 and K2 plastic, so it will likely show up.

Bah! Sooner better than later! ;)

I hope this makes you a bit happy. :)

Test runs. K1 Grym X, K2 Grym, K3 Kaxe Z, K2 Reko, K1 Reko.

10401240_600727103411638_4680947207416960516_n.jpg