• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] kc pro aviar vs. dx bb aviar

Have a bunch of www mold tourney stamped KC's and two DX Big Bead's. I would agree with what has been said about spin putting vs. push putting. I haven't used the DX's for push putting too much, but the KC's were doing just fine when I did push putt. I can't really spin putt with the KC's however, even inside the circle, because they are stiff and slip out early constantly. I can spin putt pretty well with the DX's however, mostly because they are softer and more tacky. Just my experience, though. The only thing that concerns me about putting with the DX's is how quickly they'll lose their little bit of stability that I like for a spin putt.

kcs are great for spin putting... once they get a little grit on them they're nice and tacky. a solid putter is better for spin putting in my opinion.

putting so hard into the basket is gonna gouge up dx in no time.

kcs are great for spin putting... once they get a little grit on them they're nice and tacky. a solid putter is better for spin putting in my opinion.

putting so hard into the basket is gonna gouge up dx in no time.

Yeah, basically my concern with the DX's. My KC's have been used as throwers for quite a while, but if anything the grip has deteriorated from tacky to slick in that time. Still love them for throwing, but they definitely feel slick to me when it comes to spin putting. I will definitely still be trying to work with them for putting though, as I'd like to only have to carry 2-3 KC's in my bag for all of my putter needs. Maybe they just need more grit.

I do have a stock stamp 12x KC in my backup bin that is somewhat softer and grippier than the rest of my KC's. I have not checked to see if it's a www or a San Marino mold though.

Yeah, basically my concern with the DX's. My KC's have been used as throwers for quite a while, but if anything the grip has deteriorated from tacky to slick in that time. Still love them for throwing, but they definitely feel slick to me when it comes to spin putting. I will definitely still be trying to work with them for putting though, as I'd like to only have to carry 2-3 KC's in my bag for all of my putter needs. Maybe they just need more grit.

I do have a stock stamp 12x KC in my backup bin that is somewhat softer and grippier than the rest of my KC's. I have not checked to see if it's a www or a San Marino mold though.

The new runs of KCs (with flight numbers) are alright. THey get nice and tacky and go back to slick like you said.

Anything pre-flight number seems to be good. I have San Marino and WWW tooled and they're both awesome.

I carry 3 KCs with me. 2 for putting and straight or anny drives and one new (with flight numbers) for stable drives or hyzers w/e.

The feel of a disc is definitely a huge factor, even if the flight is the same those two tops feel very different.

i had a san marino mold dx small bead that was the older mold. all of my bb molds have been the same though(dx, jk, kc)

The big difference I have noticed is that the KC's tend to have much more dome to them, which makes them feel larger on drives and upshots. Thus, I prefer non-KC's such as DX or Yeti's because they feel like they have a lower profile.