• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Keen Nasu WP, specifically.

SuperBurrito

What I am able to gather is this is the first shoe designed with disc golf in mind. Did they really sit down in a design meeting and try to make a shoe specifically for disc golf or is it just one of their sneakers with a "disc golf" sticker slapped on the side of it?

Not trying to put Keen down, I like the pair of hiking boot I have of theirs. I have been shopping for better shoes to play in and these caught my eye. I like they way the sole looks. I feel like it might assist in the pivot and rotations of a drive off the tee. Does anyone own a pair? Thoughts?

They were given out at the Japan open and now again at the Worlds in Portland.

Here's what they look like:
http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/shoes/men/nasu-wp

What I am able to gather is this is the first shoe designed with disc golf in mind. Did they really sit down in a design meeting and try to make a shoe specifically for disc golf or is it just one of their sneakers with a "disc golf" sticker slapped on the side of it?

Not trying to put Keen down, I like the pair of hiking boot I have of theirs. I have been shopping for better shoes to play in and these caught my eye. I like they way the sole looks. I feel like it might assist in the pivot and rotations of a drive off the tee. Does anyone own a pair? Thoughts?

They were given out at the Japan open and now again at the Worlds in Portland.

Here's what they look like:
http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/shoes/men/nasu-wp

The Nasu WP is literally the Marshall WP shoe with a different color scheme and a disc golf logo.

The Nasu WP is literally the Marshall WP shoe with a different color scheme and a disc golf logo.

^^This

I bought the Nasu on a snap decision and I love them more than any shoe I had previously, but I wish I did a little research first because they are the Marshall 100%

^^This

I bought the Nasu on a snap decision and I love them more than any shoe I had previously, but I wish I did a little research first because they are the Marshall 100%

How long have you had them? How are they holding up? How is the waterproofing?

i dont have marshalls/etc but i do have keens. as far as waterproofing ive never had any trouble until the shoe starts to fall apart (about 6 months avg for me. no brand makes it past 6 months unless they are all leather tho). i personally find the sole to be the weakest part of keens tho, they wear down quick. especially pivoting on concrete.

I've had them since April. Probably average about 7 rounds a week since then. I actually see no noticeable signs of extra wear to them. They are very comfortable IMO and my feet have never once been wet. I find myself walking straight through mud and light puddles all the time now without thinking twice about it.

My previous shoes were:
Keen Delaveaga - only lasted 6 months before soles were separating
Merrell Moab - only lasted 8 months before they were separating.
Merrell Chameleon - lasted a year with not really any major issues.

I obviously still haven't hit the 6+ month mark yet, but so far they still almost look new except for some dirt

Thanks for the heads up Notro! No joke, they are literally the same shoe as the Marshall. That said, a couple colors of the Marshall are on sale at Zappos.

ProTip: Shoe-goo or 5 min epoxy can breathe months or years back into shoes that separate!

I've had them since April. Probably average about 7 rounds a week since then. I actually see no noticeable signs of extra wear to them. They are very comfortable IMO and my feet have never once been wet. I find myself walking straight through mud and light puddles all the time now without thinking twice about it.

My previous shoes were:
Keen Delaveaga - only lasted 6 months before soles were separating
Merrell Moab - only lasted 8 months before they were separating.
Merrell Chameleon - lasted a year with not really any major issues.

I obviously still haven't hit the 6+ month mark yet, but so far they still almost look new except for some dirt

do the sole of the marshalls feel like the standard keen soles? or a harder material?

Latest posts