• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Kids disc?

b-ry

I have a almost 6 year old son. He wants to go with me and play which is awesome. I want to find him a disc that he could throw. Any suggestions probably a putter or something low low speed 1 to 3.
Thanks in advance.

Prodigy has lightweight PA3 & 4's in their 350RX plastic. Gateway has Magics that would work also. Another option, although a mid, Gateway has lightweight Elements. Super underated disc & a 6 year old could probably handle the light ones

Skeeter is the disc i learned how to hyzerflip. Sleeper mold for sure with beginners. Ppfft stupid kite.

Stringray too FTW.

I started with a dx beginner set. They all were 150 class discs, dx, Beadless aviar, shark, and a leopard. Once beat in they should work. I still have all the discs in my garage, and they turned into hyzerflip machines.

yup - call up Gotta Go Gotta Throw - they have 95-110 gram putters and mids that would work well. My 5yo daughter gets her max D with a 111 leopard, about 50-60' if thrown well

I got some of the gateway mini-wizards for my kids and they're awesome for small children. At that age, they not only need to be light but with the smaller diameter they can actually do a more normal throwing motion. I don't have one on hand, but they're half way in size between a marker and a regular wizard. If you can find one, they're a no brainer to try out.

My 8 year old son throws a 150 Aviar and a 150 Shark. He also carries a max weight TP Shield but only uses it to throw through shrubbery, he calls it his "get out of trouble" disc.

I think a kids FIRST disc should be those Gateway Lil/Mini Wizards or other super small diameter super light Gateway Lil disc, you gotta remember, these child hands are small, and a disc feeling good in the hand is one of the main things adults look for when buying our discs.

After they get old enough, I'd get my kids some combo of either Latitude 64 Ruby/Pearl/Diamond in sub 150g weight or that 130 class Innova Wedge that was created for Kids, with any baseline putter and some kind of Leopard or Leopard3 for fairway as light as you can find em

My 8 year old has 115-120 gram Leopards and a sidewinder. Also a 135-ish skeeter and stingray. And finally a sonic that is maybe 138. He throws them well.

Latest posts