• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kinect DG Game??

jtbingster

* Ace Member *
Who thinks Microsoft should make a disc golf game for the Xbox Kinect? I think it would be cool!!
:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Yes, they should.
They should also get Innova, Discraft, Latitude64, Gateway and others products into the game as well.

Yeah I think it would be a good idea, and like yearofrolling said get the actual disc maker involved as well. Something like Tiger Woods as you progress open up new discs, bags, etc. Has anyone played the dg game on the PS Move?

I wouldn't create a game for the Kinect. The Kinect to me is too limited by not using a controller. I would have a hard time registering the angle of your hand and release points. I think a disc golf game would be better suited for the "Move" if you want a more realistic feel.

I wouldn't create a game for the Kinect. The Kinect to me is too limited by not using a controller. I would have a hard time registering the angle of your hand and release points. I think a disc golf game would be better suited for the "Move" if you want a more realistic feel.

You could...get this...hold....a disc.......

I think all the new use of motion video game consoles should make a DG game that looks realistic and plays at least somewhat realistic, and has some realistic courses, or lets users design their own.

That being said, I don't think I see the manufacturers signing on to have a video game maker show how the virtual version of their discs flying less favorably in comparison to those of their competitor's virtual discs. I also don't think that would do much for disc golf laymen who might understand the concept of a midrange, but not know what a "Buzzz" or "Roc" is.

That being said, I don't think I see the manufacturers signing on to have a video game maker show how the virtual version of their discs flying less favorably in comparison to those of their competitor's virtual discs. I also don't think that would do much for disc golf laymen who might understand the concept of a midrange, but not know what a "Buzzz" or "Roc" is.

Good point on the disc comparison, but you could also get one maker signed on. It might turn some people off bc its not thier manufacturer of choice, but it could also open new people to thier product who never thought of using it in the first place. As far as people not knowing the specific name of the disc you could add the little meters like in most games that show distance, fade, etc. Also during game play you could should an over head shot of the course and when the disc is projected to land just like in ball golf games. By having a manufacturer in the game it would open up more people to the game, and say they wanted to go out and actually play they already know the names of the discs from the game, so they atleast have an idea what to try.

I've been playing disc golf on the Move and it's not bad. I think the issue with the Kinect would be that you don't have a trigger to click to simulate a release. You would have to release something. I'm not about to throw a Nuke at my Samsung.

I think all the new use of motion video game consoles should make a DG game that looks realistic and plays at least somewhat realistic, and has some realistic courses, or lets users design their own.

I'm not so sure I would agree with that. If that was the case you probably wouldn't see too many car companies jumping on board with video games like Need for Speed. I mean when I'm driving a Bugatti Veyron at over 200MPH in the game and have a police SUV passing me it really doesn't look good for Bugatti LOL. People know that video games are not perfect and won't represent perfect reactions for a real product.

I would be afraid to break stuff in the house if I did that. My instincts would tell me it's time to release the disc and I would most likely do that at some point.

I could see myself doing this too and really don't want to ruin my new TV and end up with a video of me doing it on Youtube LOL.

I'm not so sure I would agree with that. If that was the case you probably wouldn't see too many car companies jumping on board with video games like Need for Speed. I mean when I'm driving a Bugatti Veyron at over 200MPH in the game and have a police SUV passing me it really doesn't look good for Bugatti LOL. People know that video games are not perfect and won't represent perfect reactions for a real product.
Thing is the real versions of the cars in those games cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. A BV goes for around $1.5+ million. Driving a virtual version of one in a video game is about as close to driving one of those babies as most of us joe blows are going to get.

Conversely, anybody can go spend $8-20 on a golf disc. I don't think Innova or Discraft would want to turn off a potential customer because the virtual presentation of their discs isn't to their liking.

Thing is the real versions of the cars in those games cost tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. A BV goes for around $1.5+ million. Driving a virtual version of one in a video game is about as close to driving one of those babies as most of us joe blows are going to get.

Conversely, anybody can go spend $8-20 on a golf disc. I don't think Innova or Discraft would want to turn off a potential customer because the virtual presentation of their discs isn't to their liking.

Ok how about a better comparison. Tiger Woods golf. You have different companies in there that are rated lower than the competition in terms of quality of product. Why would Wilson who is a "lower end" company permit themselves to be reflected that way in a video game as compared to their competition. One easy answer to that : Money. The manufacturers get paid to use their name in the video game. It doesn't matter how it's portrayed, just the fact that the manufacturer gets paid to advertise their product in a game to a core group of people that more than likely already know of and enjoy the sport/game.

Latest posts