• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat. 64 Havoc and Pain are approved!!!

Pain's not much better, but why would they possibly think the Digger was a good name in the first place?
Sometimes the disc name may be cool in Swedish and not translate as well to English. We have trade names in English that were embarrassing when translated to another language. One of the most famous was the Chevy Nova which bombed in Mexico. "No va" essentially means "doesn't go" in Spanish.

Last edited:
Sometimes the disc name may be cool in Swedish and not translate as well to English. We have trade names in English that were embarrassing when translated to another language. One of the most famous was the Chevy Nova which bombed in Mexico. "No va" essentially means "doesn't go" in Spanish.

Check you facts. The Nova actually sold well in Spanish speaking countries. People have been saying this for years. I actually heard it first from a teacher back in high school.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

lulz...ive tried most the lat 64 stuff but just end up not liking it...im sure they will end up in my hands at some point :D

just wondering why do you mostly only throw lat64?

When I started playing my bag were full of Innova and I spent a looooot of time studying the game, reading about different Innova drivers, mids, putters, and their flight path. Then after making difficult decisions as to which disc to purchase, I went out on the course and spend 3/4 hours a day 4/5 days a week understanding their flight characteristic and behavior when thrown with tail wind, head wind, left to right wind, and right to left wind. I'd even tweak things during leagues and tournaments and needless to say it cost me a lot of strokes...a lot of wins.

So long story short, initially I decide to throw Latitude b/c they had very few disc for me to decide on...less distraction on discs and more attention to form and technique. A friend of mine had an opto halo for me to throw; I hated it at first b/c of the slanted rim, so I did some reading on their plastics and elected to go with the gold line b/c of my playing style and how I wanted my disc to break in. I went ahead and purchased a gold line halo. After about a week of being pissed about the disc slipping, I tweaked my power grip a little and now it's one of my main drivers. NOW, I love throwing Lats b/c of the slanted rims. Whenever I hold and throw non-Lat disc it feels weird for me b/c of the non-slanted rims. Ironically, I can get the same distance with Latitude disc w/less power.

I'm sorry I took so long to answer your question, but I wanted you to get the entire picture and not just the end result.

You could add that their designs and plastic thoroughly kick the crap outta everything else made...there IS that!

Why not throw all lat 64 if you like it? its dominating my bag right now too! Their discs fit my game style and who can resist those plastics???

Check you facts. The Nova actually sold well in Spanish speaking countries. People have been saying this for years. I actually heard it first from a teacher back in high school.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp
Thanks for the heads up. I "learned" this in my MBA program just like snopes indicated. Nonetheless, the cautionary note regarding care in product naming spanning language differences was the main point, not the specific example which apparently wasn't true.

You could add that their designs and plastic thoroughly kick the crap outta everything else made...there IS that!

You're absolutely correct as well! I love their designs and plastics...I love my white gold line river.

Why not throw all lat 64 if you like it? its dominating my bag right now too! Their discs fit my game style and who can resist those plastics???

As you can see it's dominating my bag as well. I am hoping the Havoc will replace my Z Force as a max D head wind driver. My head wind mid range is taken care of by my Sinus AP and xXx, so I really don't need the Pain, but I'll try it anyways just to see what it has to offer; If the Pain does what I think it'll do, then I may have to replace it with my lighter Fuse.

The Diamond will be an interesting fairway driver considering it'll be similar to the River. I don't think I'll care for it due to the narrower rim; the rim on the River is pretty narrow for me and I'm only 5'6". Any narrower than that, and I may not be able to grip comfortably.