• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Jade

Nice review joshuajames - thx.

I'm waiting for spring, then I'm gonna go buy one and play a 1 disc round with it.

I threw one a few times and my impression is that its similar to a valk, maybe with a touch more HSS

mine is breaking in quickly... the fade is almost gone already and it turns like a diamond now. I don't know if it's the opto plastic anymore? seems like all the new opto discs I've gotten are not holding their starting characteristics like years back.... saints, truths, renegades, trespass, rivers, jades. I dunno... maybe it's the dense cold air. I hope so.

the first day with my jade was 60 degrees out... last weekend it was 46

mine is breaking in quickly... the fade is almost gone already and it turns like a diamond now. I don't know if it's the opto plastic anymore? seems like all the new opto discs I've gotten are not holding their starting characteristics like years back.... saints, truths, renegades, trespass, rivers, jades. I dunno... maybe it's the dense cold air. I hope so.

the first day with my jade was 60 degrees out... last weekend it was 46

It's been a softer type of plastic the last year or so. I think it depends on the mold but typically the mids are most noticeable and now the drivers are starting to be too. It's grippier I think and still very durable but most people who throw a lot of Lat64 made stuff have noticed the changes I think. It seems to break in a little faster at first then holds there for a while and continues slowly. Flight plates seem more pliable and soft but you occasionally get the opaque ones that are a little more firm. It's still great plastic to me but it's different. One of the complaints I had for the older opto was how hard it was but now it's not an issue.

The jade was maybe the first driver I really noticed it on but that's really only with my translucent pink. I've got two opaque whites and they are much firmer in the plate and stiffer. I expect them to hold stability a little longer too. It's the same with the truths I have. I have several translucent pinks that broke in fast at first but I have several opaque whites and yellows that are nice and beefy and stay that way. It's not exact but if you like the firmer and longer lasting stability I'd recommend looking for opaque colors in the molds you buy.

Yeah i'm with ya, Steeze.

I like the Jade more so than the Diamond and so does my Fiance. She's doing a 250ft stand still with these effortlessly. I am getting some very long hyzer flip turnover shots. Still haven't benchmarked my throws yet.

I was also a little surprised by the amount of stability the Jade has. It's more stable than my 165g Avenger SS, but doesn't lose too much distance wise because of the tremendously gliding forward fade. It's an interesting flight path.

From a flight stand point, in the 300-350ft range, will the Jade give me anything that a seasoned GL Saint won't?

From a flight stand point, in the 300-350ft range, will the Jade give me anything that a seasoned GL Saint won't?

Lighter weights. Which can affect the flight but generally I'd say not much difference if you're looking to save money. At that 9.99 sale though you can probably have one shipped new and only field test it to see for yourself and resell it for $12 shipped and not lose a penny.

Not much difference flight wise. Except it should be a little easier to get the Jade up to speed. Perhaps getting the seasoned GL Saint flight out of the Jade from a stand still shot.

I got mine in the mail today - I was expecting a red one, but it is a beautiful orange red sparkle one.

Looks like we're due for a thaw the next 10 days. Yayyy.

Finally got as chance to throw my Jade today. Same color as Monkeypaws. 158g. To me it looks exactly like a Saint but the Jade is definitely more shallow. Threw it 3 times on the same hole 360ft open and parked it each time, even the first throw. Each throw I gave it just a touch of anny and it held the angle to about 300ft then fought back to drop by the basket. Very similar to my Opto Saint. Right now it's perfect so I'm not looking forward to it breaking in. Pretty neat disc.

I picked up a couple Jades at Marshall St yesterday. Got a couple Deco Dyes that look sweet and then just a plain jane version. Will throw this weekend and see how they fly. Trying to replace a Diamond I lost, that was also getting a little too flippy. Also have an Underworld that is OK so far. It's new. At 300' a flat throw is getting me a little turn. I really need to beat something in that will hold the turn. I'll keep beating on the Underworld, and see how the Jade does. I can get a little more turn out of the Underworld if I give it a tiny bit of anny and let it flex.

I picked up a couple Jades at Marshall St yesterday. Got a couple Deco Dyes that look sweet and then just a plain jane version. Will throw this weekend and see how they fly. Trying to replace a Diamond I lost, that was also getting a little too flippy. Also have an Underworld that is OK so far. It's new. At 300' a flat throw is getting me a little turn. I really need to beat something in that will hold the turn. I'll keep beating on the Underworld, and see how the Jade does. I can get a little more turn out of the Underworld if I give it a tiny bit of anny and let it flex.

What plastic/weight is your Underworld? I have a 174 TP that flies like as Stag, and a 168 VIP that is the "flippy" Underworld folks often mention - it's flippier than my Diamond.

The jade will work for you. It'll gain a lot of turn after a few weeks, but still handle some power, unlike the diamond.

Yes, the Diamond was great when new, but after about 6 months it became pretty touchy. Still made some great shots, but consistency was a problem. My Underworld is a 168 TP. It is still very fresh so the jury is still out.

For me it throws exactly as described, a longer slightly more OS
Diamond. Put it on a low line and it glides longer than it should.

Now what to do with my pile of Diamonds?

I played a couple rounds with mine today after only throwing it in the field a few times.

VERY nice disc. I was able to throw with full power and was getting some nice glidey D out of it. Agree with Foster, it's exactly as advertised; probably a bit more versatile than the Diamond.

Keep those Diamonds for tailwinds and shorter tunnel shots. :)

Latest posts