• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

I got a couple 173s and a couple 168s. My Wizards are 172s so I thought I'd get something close to that plus try some lighter ones. They feel really good. I can definitely feel a big difference innhow I can grip them. I am going up to PA for business next week so I hope they'll have their virgin flights at Tyler St Park. That'd be cool.

I gotta say, my test of Pures is going really well. I have a couple gripline that are doing great things for approaches, and a zeroline that is putting like magic. I'm going to test them for a month or two more to be sure it isn't just "new disc luck" before I declare the Wizard kicked out of my bag, but it's looking good. Which is surprising for me, I was pretty much dyed in the wool with Wizards.

During a tourney today I had several people in my groups grab my putter out of the basket for me and they always commented on how they really liked the feel of the Pure.

I really like the feel of them, but I am not sure they do anything I can't do with my Opto Fuse. Seems like for approaches and off the tee they are similar. Fuse glides a little better, but they both handle about the same. It's only been a couple rounds, but I still miss my Wizards for putting. This is going to be a struggle for me. But I do have to agree that the Pure feels very good in the hand. I'll keep at it a while and see how it goes.

Ok, I have played around 5 rounds with the Pures. So far I don't putt real well with them. I put the Wizard back in the bag for putting and started sinking putts again. But I do love the Pure off the tee and for approaches. I nailed the cage today from about 150 uphill today, and missed 2 aces off the tee by a total of about a foot. The second one banged the top of the cage, hung a second and fell out. Damn chains shook for a while. First one cruised just a bit wide. Jury is still out, but I think they will stick around for a while. What I really think would be great is an Opto or Gold Line Pure. Just a tad more stable in a great plastic. And make it in color shift while they are at it.

After about six rounds and some practice, my zero pure is a warped, hot mess. It isn't just aesthetic, it wobbles on 20+ foot putts now. So that's out. I'm still liking the grip pures for approaches and drives. Very versatile and true. I'm concerned about the long term durability of the plastic though. Time will tell, but for now, they're still in.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I have thrown a Zero pure a little bit, and even drilled a bunch of trees. It still seems fine. I guess I throw a lot softer than you. Maybe the Zero line is for putts only.

After about six rounds and some practice, my zero pure is a warped, hot mess. It isn't just aesthetic, it wobbles on 20+ foot putts now. So that's out. I'm still liking the grip pures for approaches and drives. Very versatile and true. I'm concerned about the long term durability of the plastic though. Time will tell, but for now, they're still in.

My Lord, what did you do to them that they're warped :p I rotate between 5 zero line pures for tournaments, leagues, and casual rounds; each disc has at least 15 rounds, and it doesn't include me practicing putting at home and hitting my neighbors wooden fence or my chain link fence :D and they're not warped at all...lucky for me. Sorry to hear about your warped disc. I strictly use zero line pure for putting and grip line pure for approaching and driving. This way the zero line doesn't really get tore up to pieces. Grip line are extremely durable plastics. I'd know b/c I've hit enough trees to built me a ladder from here to moon and back :D

One thing I noticed is that my Grip line Pures almost have a little dome to them. Not a lot, but enough to notice. My Zero Lines are very flat, and feel better in the hand. Anyone notice and flight differences between the two?

One thing I noticed is that my Grip line Pures almost have a little dome to them. Not a lot, but enough to notice. My Zero Lines are very flat, and feel better in the hand. Anyone notice and flight differences between the two?
I had one grip line pure that was domey & was much more stable & you're correct in saying they're not as comfortable as the flat ones. I don't care for them. The other 4 grip line pures I have are flat like a board, just like my zero.

Looks like a trip to Marshall St is in order when I am up in MA this week. I made a few really nice shots with the one I have so it isn't an issue right now, but I'd like to compare the two.

I have tried most of the big name putters out there ( voodoo, wizard, magic, aviar, zero line pure, spike, challenger, banger, ion, magnet, focus, etc) and for me the Swan is the best I have found. It flies so true and straight on putts that I will not use anything else. It doesn't fade at all on putts, straight up and down, even when it slows down it doesn't fade. Amazing. Though it is not good for approaches or driving in my experience. The Spike, Zone, and pro discus jokeri are my preferred driving putters depending on the shot needed. Though now I am interested in trying the grip line pure because it is a tad more stable than the spike. But the spike I throw for anything under 150ft and it flies straight with ZERO fade. From 150 ft and up I hyper flip them and they flatten out and fly beautifully with ZERO fade. I can get them up to 300 ft wit the right amount of hyser. And for approach (150 ft or less) the I just aim at the target and send the spike straight to it, I don't have to try to account for any fade because it doesn't fade. Jus my opinion from my experience. The Spike is one of my most used discs.

That's is the grip line Spike I am referring too. Never tried the zero line since i heard it is more for putting than driving and I already have my putter that I love.

for me the Swan is the best I have found. It flies so true and straight on putts that I will not use anything else. It doesn't fade at all on putts, straight up and down, even when it slows down it doesn't fade. Amazing.

I finally picked up a Swan I've been looking at for months. FINALLY, I think I'm done looking for a putter.

For all those that love the feel of a Pure but the understable flight of a Magic, do yourself a favor and pick up this disc. I've never, ever had putts so straight. I describe my style of putt as "throw a phone book on a table" and this disc works so well for that.

Very, very, very underrated putter!

For all those that love the feel of a Pure but the understable flight of a Magic, do yourself a favor and pick up this disc. I've never, ever had putts so straight.

Very, very, very underrated putter![/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I have never putted with, nor seen someone putt with, a disc that goes so straight up and down. Owned atleast20 different model putters and just traded them all in and ordered 3 more swans. Though I hear the swan 2 is what they are producing now and not sure if there is any difference other than the the stamp.

Just want to throw it out there if anyone is switching from Pures to something else and doesn't they are still 8/10 let me know :D.

I'm still loving mine. Lately my non tourney putting has been great I just believe I have some type of mental block during tournaments ATM.

guess I have to get a swan.. I've avoided it for some reason even though I have serious westsidophilia

are you guys throwing the new mold or the old mold though?
and is 'echo1' plastic grip or zero?

are you guys throwing the new mold or the old mold though?
and is 'echo1' plastic grip or zero?

I don't know about new mold vs. old mold. I only thought there was one mold.

And the material is very close to (or identical to) zero line plastic. Good for chain grabbin!

And the material is very close to (or identical to) zero line plastic. Good for chain grabbin!

Some other places I've looked mention that it's closer to the Grip Line. I'd be very interested if it's a more durable Zero-like plastic. Also, can anybody tell me what the profile is like on the Swan? I can't seem to find pictures, but I like shallow/flat putters. Zero Pure is perfect, Grip is too tall/domey.

Thats really my only complaint with the Zero Pure. It's my favorite putter as of now, but I can't throw it in the trees because it gets chewed up too quickly.

Some other places I've looked mention that it's closer to the Grip Line. I'd be very interested if it's a more durable Zero-like plastic. Also, can anybody tell me what the profile is like on the Swan? I can't seem to find pictures, but I like shallow/flat putters. Zero Pure is perfect, Grip is too tall/domey.

Thats really my only complaint with the Zero Pure. It's my favorite putter as of now, but I can't throw it in the trees because it gets chewed up too quickly.
I encountered a domey pure a few months back and I don't care for them. Find yourself a flat grip line pure and I'm sure you'll like it. 7 out 8 I have are flat.

Latest posts