• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

So I know it's not a production run, but how do gl pures differ from zero and opto pures?

Pretty much the same as any Gold Line differs from an Opto. Usually a little less stable, a little flatter. Not a huge or even noticeable difference in most cases though. It usually just boils down to which plastic do you prefer the grip of.

Well. I have been frustrated with trying to stock up on white, stiff, D plastic challengers for the new season. Everything I have felt up is a softer blend of D. Anything remotely stiff was blue, which is fine for practice putters... but I only pull out white putters around the circle. And I NEED stiff, stiff, the very stiffest of stiff plastics in my putters. I hate feeling any "give" in the flight plate.

So, today while I was browsing at GGGT, I decided to grab up two Zero line Hard white Pures. They felt nice and stiff.

I'm hoping that they prove to be not too hard a transition for a guy who has putted with Challengers since 2006. Anyhow... How are people like these Hard Pures?

Last edited:
Well. I have been frustrated with trying to stock up on white, stiff, D plastic challengers for the new season. Everything I have felt up is a softer blend of D. I NEED stiff, stiff, the stiffest of plastics in my putters. So, I decided to grab up two Zero line Hard white Pures.

I'm hoping that they prove to be not too hard a transition for a guy who has putted with Challengers since 2006. Anyhow... How are people like these Hard Pures?

Pures are not real close to Challengers in flight or feel. You probably should have gone the DD route and picked up some Classic Judges.

Pures are not real close to Challengers in flight or feel. You probably should have gone the DD route and picked up some Classic Judges.

Well, it maybe the way that I hold my putters, but they are pretty close in feel for me. Albeit a bit slimmer in the hand, which I find more comfortable. Also, I like my challengers good and seasoned before I bag them, so these might be more of the stability I putt with anyway.

Either way, I am just curious about the general consensus on this Hard line plastic. How does it wear in? Does it vary in stability from original zero, TM, eze, zero soft, etc.

Either way, I am just curious about the general consensus on this Hard line plastic. How does it wear in? Does it vary in stability from original zero, TM, eze, zero soft, etc.

Well I just got the Soft and it feels, bruises and looks just the same as the "old" Zero (used to putt with Zero Mercies) I think the hard is very similiar to EZE. I have a well-used EZE Pure...and I do mean well used...and it flies just the same as my Zero Soft and RGL. Very easy to shape when driving, and a great hyzer-flip for upshots as welll. I think you'll get good use out of them for sure.

My RGL is oddly comet, but somehow it doesn't effect the flight. But it is by far my most durable Pure. The only marks on it, in fact, are some white streaks of paint from missing putts in my basement...:wall:

Well I just got the Soft and it feels, bruises and looks just the same as the "old" Zero (used to putt with Zero Mercies) I think the hard is very similiar to EZE. I have a well-used EZE Pure...and I do mean well used...and it flies just the same as my Zero Soft and RGL. Very easy to shape when driving, and a great hyzer-flip for upshots as welll. I think you'll get good use out of them for sure.

My RGL is oddly comet, but somehow it doesn't effect the flight. But it is by far my most durable Pure. The only marks on it, in fact, are some white streaks of paint from missing putts in my basement...:wall:

I threw some 15-20 foot practice puts in my basement with my main, heavily worn Challenger and my 2 new hard Pures. Stability wise they were pretty comparable, which is good. On average there is a little less wobble on the pures, which I would attribute to the slimmer feel giving me a cleaner release on my putts. Generally I don't have wobble problems though, so I am probably just a bit rusty from my winter without throwing plastic.

Either way, I just love the stiff plastic and slimmer profile. It doesn't have that nice satin-like feel that my Challenger's plastic has taken on in its older age, but I am hoping it will gain it after I wear them in. They definitely feel grippier than my Challenger, but the plastic is smoother, so I am looking forward to the feel when the new-disc sheen wears off.

anyone want 2 GRIP line old run pures? also have a spike probably 6/10 on all 3 if looking for back-ups. GRIP is basically ESP... not sure why Lat. stopped making discs in this plastic :/

anyone want 2 GRIP line old run pures? also have a spike probably 6/10 on all 3 if looking for back-ups. GRIP is basically ESP... not sure why Lat. stopped making discs in this plastic :/
grip is not nearly as durable as ESP plastic in my experience. I had their original poppy-top drivers in grip line plastic, and they definitely showed wear and tear early and often. I liken it much more to Pro / X type plastic.

I love my Zero Hard Pures. I used to putt with Medium Warlocks and the new hard plastic feels similar in stiffness but very grippy. I putted with the eze Pure for a little while I just did not like that plastic. I find this new Zero Hard to be way more durable also. I am very impressed so far. I have been hitting some huge putts lately.

grip is not nearly as durable as ESP plastic in my experience. I had their original poppy-top drivers in grip line plastic, and they definitely showed wear and tear early and often. I liken it much more to Pro / X type plastic.

Lol those drivers were the WEIRDEST sounding when they hit anything... ESP is probably more durable true like a star plastic but my first pure I bought many years ago, still has its stamp even and stable flying with lots of dings and blemishes from driving but would say its more durable than a pro/x those are buttery IMO where the grip is more like ESP/Star in that sense but yes, slightly less durable the feel is great though'

haha, They definitely made some strange sounds. I loved my Primitus. Wasn't a fan of the Medius, though. If I recall correctly, it was a bit fast for a mid (and was pretty long for a mid, too), and it's stability was greatly effected by the speed you threw it at. If you eased off the gun in order to lay up it would fade out hard. But if you cranked on it to tap into that extra distance it was capable of it could flip over too easily.

But damn that plastic was super, super grippy.

Are recylcled line pures really made of Goldline/opto plastics? I am afraid of getting the Zerolines from the reviews of what the majority of people say. I have a grip pure (its really just amazing i wish i had gotten more) and I want more pures, but not in Zero.

I think the recycled GL's are made only from GL plastics.

I bought a bunch of TM2 Pures from GGGT, they have them on sale for $8, but they told me I got the last 3 max weight (176g).

If you don't like the new Zero plastics you could try those. Personally I love the TM2s.

I think the recycled GL's are made only from GL plastics.

I bought a bunch of TM2 Pures from GGGT, they have them on sale for $8, but they told me I got the last 3 max weight (176g).

If you don't like the new Zero plastics you could try those. Personally I love the TM2s.

ill check those out thanks :)

The RGLs are a mix of old Gold Line with some Opto mixed in with it. They are domey compared to the other plastics.

I was a huge fan of the TM2 plastic (start out waxy, but they break in to feel great) until I tried an Opto. They're pretty close to being as flat as the TM2s and are incredibly durable. Since I only drive and approach with them, I stopped carrying TM2s in favor of the Optos. I've been throwing my first Opto a ton for almost five months now, and it's dinged up a bit but still flies like new.

A local guy had one of the new zeros, and I hated it. way to soft and rubbery for my taste. He loves it, so I guess to each their own..

Good thing I have a good stack of the old "good" zero

The RGLs are a mix of old Gold Line with some Opto mixed in with it. They are domey compared to the other plastics.

I was a huge fan of the TM2 plastic (start out waxy, but they break in to feel great) until I tried an Opto. They're pretty close to being as flat as the TM2s and are incredibly durable. Since I only drive and approach with them, I stopped carrying TM2s in favor of the Optos. I've been throwing my first Opto a ton for almost five months now, and it's dinged up a bit but still flies like new.

Good to know about the RGL's.

I should add that I only use my Pure from about 80 feet and in. If I used them for drives and approaches I would also go with Opto.

Latest posts