• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Claymore (mid)

I carry a Meteor & a Warship. To me, the Claymore flies like a somewhat shorter Warship, so it fits the straight to *slightly* over-/under-stable slot, while the meteor is a bit more understable to straight. The Warship flies straight to fade, smooth annies, and will glide on low lines, while the Meteor is straight to turn and flies best on higher lines.

Currently my mids are Tursas-Meteor-Warship-Verdict-Trident/Zone, so my question to you is whether the Claymore will add different lines that will be a significant improvement to your line up. If it does, then carry it (until you change your mind ;))

Interesting my results with the claymore vs warship has been different. My opto warship has been my work horse mid since it came out, and having heard people rave about the claymore I had to try one. So for the last week I have been testing the warship the claymore, and the truth. My results were:

Distance full flat pull

Truth the shortest warship next and then claymore being the longest
Lines full flat pull:

Truth once it started its HSS turn it simply tracked right of the target before settling in with minimal LSS fade.

Warship took a wider HSS turn than the truth or the claymore but had a more pronounced lSS fade ending on target.

Claymore had a touch of HSS turn less than the truth or the warship but had a similar lSS fade like the warship ending just slightly of the target.

For me the claymore is in the bag , making my current mid line up opto pure, opto fuse, gl claymore, and a crystal flx drone.

Interesting. I have felt that my Truth is longer than the Claymore, but I have not tested them side by side for distance. I do know that my Claymore turns more easily than my Truth.

Interesting. I have felt that my Truth is longer than the Claymore, but I have not tested them side by side for distance. I do know that my Claymore turns more easily than my Truth.

I was surprised myself as I thought that the truth would be the longest of the bunch but for me it was a noticeable consistent difference. It may be I have a dud of a truth with a sample size of n1 I would not base any definitive decisions, it may be I'm geared to throwing glidey discs like the warship, claymore who knows for sure but for me the truth is going back to my buddy.

liking the claymore, feels and flies alot like my 400s M4.

Well we threw these today - Buzzz is an apt comparison, although I'd say my 174 was a tick less stable than a Buzzz. it handled light gusts pretty poorly, but it was certainly able to go left right in the proper conditions. Nice mid, but I like my Warship better.

BTW, Triology challenge in Winona today was awesome. Nobody really dialed in the Shield, and the Thief suffered somewhat in the breeze. Still, fun times.

Last edited:
Have to say the Claymore is a very straight mid with very little fade. Differs from a Buzzz in that the Claymore turns much more when thrown hard, doesn't handle power as well as a buzzz, but doesn't fade as much either- it's great for those tight tunnel shots. Course I played didn't require throwing it on a variety of lines.

For starters, I also (like mojorisin35) use a VIP Warship as my workhorse mid. Prior to playing in my local Trilogy Challenge, I researched the supposed flight numbers on this disc and the consensus for the Claymore seemed to be 5/5/-1/2. I loved it throughout the 24 holes of the competition, but that's only because it hadn't really had a chance to break-in and understabilize a bit.

I feel like it's not fair to compare two discs when one is Opto/VIP and the other is Gold/Recycled/Tournament (even when they're both 174g as in this case), but in my experiences the Warship can handle a lot more power, which is why I ultimately maintained it as my go-to mid. That being said, a lot of it has to do with throwing style. While I can't stand mids with anything less than a 0 turn, my friend loves his Trilogy Claymore and can throw it 200'+ with a dead-flat release angle.

Bottom line: It's definitely less high-speed stable than either a Warship or Buzzz, and consequently isn't my cup of tea. Wish I've thrown a Core to make that comparison too, but not yet.

Odd thread bump but since it's coming out on Saturday what the hey...

From what I'm reading this disc sounds EXACTLY like a Core. I haven't seen one or many pictures but the pictures I've seen LOOK like a Core as well. Rebranding maybe?

Agreed. I already have a handful of Cores. Really don't need a Core with a different name on it. :\

I think it's better than the Core by far. Threw some nice hyzers and anhyzers at the Trilogy Challenge. Was really versatile. Swear it looks like a Core bottom and Fuse top. I'm looking forward to the Opto release. It's really is worth trying if you want a slightly less understable Fuse.

Rumor has been the Core is going OOP. Not really sure if that's true or not but if the claymore is viewed as better it might be the replacement. I bet the Opto release will be more overstable than the recycled ones for the trilogy challenge. I was helping build shelves at the DD distribution warehouse today and saw the most epic looking claymore. It was opto and production stamped. Translucent smoke colored but had dark black and grey swirls that were opaque all through it. The stamp was like a rainbow sparkle. It'll probably be auctioned off.

WHAT?!

I get it though I guess it wasn't the easiest disc to throw or find perfect replacements for with weight/dome making them very different flying. Still sad...core was the first disc to ever take over the buzzz from my bag! Hit one of the craziest upshots for a eagle with it too that I will never forget. Better than my aces actually lol.

Like I said just a rumor but it's one I believe. I've heard it from several different people and they are all usually pretty reliable. I can see it happening. Eventually you have to cut back on molds and I think Latitude is finally getting there. You design some good ones and then you design some better ones.

The good news is right now you can still stock up on cores and the ones that are early or rare just became that much more valuable if the rumor is true.

I'm not surprised of the Core OoP rumor. I did see that it is not being restocked by Disc Golf Center (they've always been my market barometer for some reason). but a Core bottom and Fuse top doesn't sound bad. I still have a ton of Cores (many I got from Sloppy -_-).

If I have the leftover cash I may test one out.

all they needed was a Zero Core i believe the disc woulda caught on a bit stronger. I have a gl core that i would commit suicide if i lost... so i stopped throwing it. I'd like to try some claymores, but truths are pretty much good enough.

They are slightly different, I have both. I have an Opto Core 177g with a dome (so it's on the stable end of Cores) and a super flat Trilogy Challenge Claymore in the recycled plastic.

The Core has a slightly + mold inner rim slant, whereas the Claymore is more straight rimmed. The Claymore has some weird bevel angle on the edge of it too. They are very similarly shaped though.

My Core I would rate as 5/5/-0.5/1 and the Claymore I would rate as 5/5/-1/0.5

When thrown at 300' the Core is dead straight with zero fade. The Claymore will turn halfway through and go straight at its slightly right direction with zero fade.

When thrown over 300' the Core will S-flight a bit and the Claymore needs to be hyzer flipped...but it will be dead straight from a hyzer flip. Both discs have crazy distance/glide for mids, and end up at exactly the same distance for me, +/- user error.

If you throw mids under 300' then the Claymore may be a bit easier for understable/turnover/anhyzers. For me my more stable Core is a little more trustworthy, so if I only use one of them, the Core is it. It already shapes lines well for me. If I had one of the less stable/more touchy Cores then my opinion may be different.

The Claymore will hit the ground running when it is released as the midrange for this year's Trilogy Challenge. It has a small dome and comfortable grip combined with a neutral flight that will suit most players. Compared to existing Latitude molds it will be slightly more overstable than the very popular Fuse and the first release after the Trilogy Challenge will be in Opto on August 23rd when the Trilogy Öppet is held in Emporia, KS.

Looks like the Opto's will be out tomorrow, maybe local shelves next week? I really want to try an Opto.

Latest posts