• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat64 Riot

Bumping this cuz I'd like to hear more about the Riot. I'm especially interested in it's claim to be a good low-ceiling driver.

Riot owners, talk about this disc!

It is a great low flyer and does not like a lot of height. I have trouble getting altitude on my discs which is why I tried the Riot, it is my main distance diver by far.

I carry at least three in my bag at all times.
-172 purple GL (I specify purple because I have been the most consistent with them and I have an ace with one) that is getting really flippy, and great for longer s-turnes. It is starting to turn over a little but it is my main driver that I have thrown almost everyday for the last 6 months or so.

-175 gummy opto that has a little flip but always fades out, great for slight head winds

-168 super flat top GL that is very OS with no turn that I use on windy days.

-171 opto that is new and I am still working in when I don't carry my OS one.

The great thing about this disc, for me anyway, is that I can crank it low and hard and it seems to generate a significant amount of glide on its own, while holding the line I put it on.

Has anyone thrown enough Riots to notice which tend to be the most overstable? Over the winter I'm hoping to pick up some discs to fill out my distance driver slots for the spring so I'd like to get a range of stabilities.

Heavy Opto are the most overstable. I've recently gotten a 173g Gold Line that seems beefier than the previous swirly plastic runs. I would attribute that to my older ones being lighter at 168-170g and having seen some use.

Heavy Opto are the most overstable. I've recently gotten a 173g Gold Line that seems beefier than the previous swirly plastic runs. I would attribute that to my older ones being lighter at 168-170g and having seen some use.

^this, unless you get a super flat top GL. I'll post a side shot of 168 GL, that thing is beefy. In General though the GL will be less stable the Opto.

Okay, so I'm trying to take a picture to illustrate the difference in dome (while my wife is rolling her eyes and actively calling me a nerd... which she is correct on all accounts) but I can't seem to get a good picture that accurately compares the flat one to the domey one. Any suggestions?

Set them on a table and hold the camera level without being able to see the table top in the frame. Make sure there is good contrast between the background and the profiles of discs.