• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latitude 64°

Jeronimo said:
That's a lot of drivers
I feel like its too many drivers as well. I got the ones I like best in two kinds of plastic becasue I heard the opto line was more overstable than the gl. They are all new purchases so I'm still trying them out to see what will make the bag. The sword is hands down my fav so thats staying. I hear the TP breaks in quick on the sword so I will keep them both. The havoc and king could probably go. I use the halo for max D and haven't figured which one I like more GL or OL. What areas of overlap do u see? Also has anyone thrown the recycled gold line discs and how do you think they compare to the regular GL plastic?

So tell me what differentiates the roles of the individual drivers in the categories I've assigned them to below:

5 Stable-Over Stable Drivers:
OL Halo 168
GL Halo 171
TP Sword 171
VIP Sword 168
OL Havoc 171

TP King 171 - 1 big turnover driver, this makes sense so no need to explain. If it was me I might actually carry two.

That is, unless I was carrying...

4 Understable Fairway Drivers:
OL Saint 168
GL Saint 171
OL River 173
RGL River 170

Don't read this as us admonishing you for having this bag make up either, what makes sense to me might not to you. Or you might be more comfortable mentally with "this" disc over "that" one and honestly, that makes a difference. I do this excercise on my bag as well because I tend to be driver heavy too. My reasoning for it though (one of many) is that if you're going to lose a disc, in all likelihood it's going to be a Driver.

Thanks for the help Geronimo. I use the saint and river for fairway drives because the saint gets more distance than the river. The river will flip on me if not dialed down. So when I need something shorter than the saint but longer than a midrange I go with the river. I have the two types of plastics to figure out which I like more and if there is really a difference in the two.

For drivers I was planning on using the halo as an overstable driver? Still not sure about this as this is the one disc I have not got out and field tested yet. The Sword for my stable driver and the two plastics because I heard the TP can become flippy. If the TP Sword does break in to become flippy I could lose the king. Until then it Looks like I will take your suggestion and use the King to fill the understable slot. That boots out the havoc and still leaves me with everything else. Dammit... I might just have to learn the art of taking something off the sword to boot out the Saints? I think that might be the only one I could do without. But then again they all fit in the bag and I will toss them all for now until I learn what is comfortable. Do you see any logic in any of this or am I the one who is dumb... and a drama queen? I would also like some input on what the halo could do for my bag or if I already have that spot filled? Or if there are any discs you would suggest replacing with something else? Thanks for your time Jeronimo I appreciate the input.

Jivan said:
For drivers I was planning on using the halo as an overstable driver? Still not sure about this as this is the one disc I have not got out and field tested yet. The Sword for my stable driver and the two plastics because I heard the TP can become flippy. If the TP Sword does break in to become flippy I could lose the king. Until then it Looks like I will take your suggestion and use the King to fill the understable slot. That boots out the havoc and still leaves me with everything else. Dammit... I might just have to learn the art of taking something off the sword to boot out the Saints? I think that might be the only one I could do without. But then again they all fit in the bag and I will toss them all for now until I learn what is comfortable. Do you see any logic in any of this or am I the one who is dumb... and a drama queen? I would also like some input on what the halo could do for my bag or if I already have that spot filled? Or if there are any discs you would suggest replacing with something else? Thanks for your time Jeronimo I appreciate the input.

Sounds to me like you've got your own answers 8)

My motto is always: If you've got space, fill it. If you're not playing competitive rounds, throw whatever the hell you want. You'll figure out what fits you. To your Halo question I would ask you this: What are you throwing most of the time off the tee when you're throwing a driver? and the follow up, what % of shots do you actually need that over stable driver slot for? If it's an emergency wind fighting disc, the Halo might do the job but I'd wager a Giant would be more dependable in that role. Latitude doesn't really have a good overstable max D driver like a Giant, Quasar, Force, etc... Halo is probably as close as your going to get (for now). IMO I'd slip an opto Striker into your setlist some where, or maybe a new opto Vision.

Before getting any new discs i'd try that pared down bag and taking of power from the Sword. It is pretty easy. slower steps and/or less reach back distance and planting the final step pointed closer to the target. Plenty of ways to take power off. One or a combination should work for every situation.

Jeronimo said:
If it's an emergency wind fighting disc, the Halo might do the job but I'd wager a Giant would be more dependable in that role. Latitude doesn't really have a good overstable max D driver like a Giant, Quasar, Force, etc...

The few Quasars I've thrown have been stable, but not anything near overstable enough for wind fighting duties. I know there were talks of a few, but I believe those were just freaks in the first runs. Just wanted to point that out. (and that the Giant is awesome).

Let's just say for shits and giggles I was going to put together a bag entirely of L64/westside/DD discs. How would I go about replacing my current bag listed below.

Z Force- super over stable
Z Force - overstable drives and forehands
2x ESP Force - distance drivers
ESP Force - beat for turnover d
3x Z Tracker - overstable/stable/turnover fairway drives
Z Drone - over stable mid
2x Z Buzzz - workhorse mid
2x Z Comet - finesse mid
ESP Zone - utility
2x Pro D Challenger - putter drives and putting

What say you?

Robin Hood said:
Let's just say for shits and giggles I was going to put together a bag entirely of L64/westside/DD discs. How would I go about replacing my current bag listed below.

Z Force- super over stable Opto Villain or VIP Giant
Z Force - overstable drives and forehands same as above but more Villain than Giant
2x ESP Force - distance drivers Sword or Trespass
ESP Force - beat for turnover d Flow
3x Z Tracker - overstable/stable/turnover fairway drives Stag/Saint/Escape
Z Drone - over stable mid Pain
2x Z Buzzz - workhorse mid Also a weak point in the linup. I've done it with a Core but you have to find the right ones. you could also do it with max weight domey Opto Fuses. I haven't had enough time with the Warship or Fugitive to really say.
2x Z Comet - finesse mid Fuse
ESP Zone - utility xXx
2x Pro D Challenger - putter drives and putting Pure

What say you?

yep

eky8 said:
Hoey said:
Thunderchumpy said:
So I putted with my TM2 Pure yesterday, and I am really liking it a lot. I'm sure it's somewhere in the previous 300 pages, but does anyone know what TM2 became? EZE?

Thanks in advance.

yup! same thing.

They came out with two test materials at one point, TM1 and TM2...

Pretty sure TM2 was overwhelmingly more accepted by throwers than TM1... so they renamed it EZE.
And then they dropped eze and are just going with zero hard and zero soft. Unfortunately. I love my TM2 pures. Good thing I was able to pick up a bunch before they are all gone.

Why the hell would they drop EZE? Lame.

I think they only dropped the name. I think Zero Hard will be the same as EZE and Zero Soft will be closer to original Zero. Just my guess. We should be seeing these changes here soon.

Grip got the ax about the time the Optos hit the street. I think it was the last disc they made in Grip. I kinda wish they had kept it around it was a good plastic. EZE is nice to me because it is stiff like KC Pro and the waxiness on the surface eventually wears away and I have an awesome disc. I would like to see some other discs made in EZE/Zero Hard.

keltik said:
Robin Hood said:

Z Force- super over stable VIP Giant. Period. So good...
Z Force - overstable drives and forehands same as above but more Villain than Giant -Eh... Villains can be stupid overstable in opto, GL can be too understable so its a toss up. Halo maybe, I don't think they've got this disc slot on lock down yet. Plus I don't think Villains really go THAT far anyway
2x ESP Force - distance drivers Sword or Trespass Nailed. 90% of your drives will be here
ESP Force - beat for turnover d Worn in Havoc or Halo
3x Z Tracker - overstable/stable/turnover fairway drives Stag/Saint/Escape/River - Solid choices
Z Drone - over stable mid Pain It's really not a Drone replacement but damn is the Pain a well rounded mid
2x Z Buzzz - workhorse mid Also a weak point in the linup. I've done it with a Core but you have to find the right ones. you could also do it with max weight domey Opto Fuses. I haven't had enough time with the Warship or Fugitive to really say. Warship/worn in GL Pain/Mace(maybe)/"good" Core
2x Z Comet - finesse mid Fuse Yup, you won't look back.
ESP Zone - utility xXx/Trident
2x Pro D Challenger - putter drives and putting Pure/Mercy

What say you?

yep

Only things I have to add in blue.

keltik said:
Grip got the ax about the time the Optos hit the street. I think it was the last disc they made in Grip. I kinda wish they had kept it around it was a good plastic. EZE is nice to me because it is stiff like KC Pro and the waxiness on the surface eventually wears away and I have an awesome disc. I would like to see some other discs made in EZE/Zero Hard.

I've only felt up EZE in store so I didn't know that feel went away. May have to pick one up. Thanks Keltik

Latest posts