• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Grace info

UjBeWgu.jpg

This is the first time I can remember that I've hit 400 feet on a flat ground with no noticeable tailwind during an actual round of playing.

What are the floatiest distance drivers you've ever used?

Not to knock you down a notch but is 400' on Udisc really 400'?

(FYI, it's still impressive since I'm generally a 300' guy)

Not to knock you down a notch but is 400' on Udisc really 400'?

(FYI, it's still impressive since I'm generally a 300' guy)

Yes, actually. I have a Bushnell Sport 850 in my bag which I use quite often as well, and I have compared friends' throws on my card vs my phone's GPS using Udisc, and the results are always within 3 feet of each other.

UjBeWgu.jpg

This is the first time I can remember that I've hit 400 feet on a flat ground with no noticeable tailwind during an actual round of playing.

What are the floatiest distance drivers you've ever used?

Shryke, Hades, Enigma, G* Corvette, Havoc.

The Grace I threw was just too flat to really be floaty. Maybe if I had a domier one things would be different. It was still a nice driver, though.

The Enigma is a shocker for me. I like the damn thing more every time I throw it. It has just the perfect amount of turn that you can slam on it for huge bombs without flipping it entirely. IMO the Enigma is one of the most underrated drivers on the market.

Shryke, Hades, Enigma, G* Corvette, Havoc.

The Grace I threw was just too flat to really be floaty. Maybe if I had a domier one things would be different. It was still a nice driver, though.

The Enigma is a shocker for me. I like the damn thing more every time I throw it. It has just the perfect amount of turn that you can slam on it for huge bombs without flipping it entirely. IMO the Enigma is one of the most underrated drivers on the market.

I was rocking a Hades as my flippy slot for the longest time before I swapped it out for a combination of this Grace and a Star Mamba. It was kinda flattish. Had noticeable shoulder raise, then a flat top. Likewise I used Enigmas as my primary workhorse drivers a while back. Both really flat. Fresh out of the box I looved the Enigma, but once I beat it in, I started not liking it as much. It seemed to turn into the ground moreso than hold a gradual drift like it did out of the box. At first I thought it was real glidey, but now I don't think as much. The Hades was pretty glidey, but I dunno maybe I just gel better with the 11 speed Grace. I've pumped my Hades out to 360-370 on Hyzer Flips every once in a while, but never to 400 like the Grace. Havocs were a disc I've always wanted to try.

I was rocking a Hades as my flippy slot for the longest time before I swapped it out for a combination of this Grace and a Star Mamba. It was kinda flattish. Had noticeable shoulder raise, then a flat top. Likewise I used Enigmas as my primary workhorse drivers a while back. Both really flat. Fresh out of the box I looved the Enigma, but once I beat it in, I started not liking it as much. It seemed to turn into the ground moreso than hold a gradual drift like it did out of the box. At first I thought it was real glidey, but now I don't think as much. The Hades was pretty glidey, but I dunno maybe I just gel better with the 11 speed Grace. I've pumped my Hades out to 360-370 on Hyzer Flips every once in a while, but never to 400 like the Grace. Havocs were a disc I've always wanted to try.

I need to throw the Grace some more. I only have 1 field session with it. All the other drivers I mentioned I've thrown extensively.

I'm hit or miss on the Hades. I've thrown about 10 of them. Some of them are perfect, and others are too flat and don't seem to glide enough for my liking.

The Hades will do a steady 450' when I'm feeling it. I feel like the Grace will be a hair shorter.

Maybe try one of the Tattar Graces. Mine has decent dome-- at least by Trilogy standards. It doesn't just flatten out after the shoulder rise, it's a gradual dome and well rounded out. I also read somewhere that they're a little more stable than Proto and First Run Graces. I definitely feel as if mine is insanely glidey.

Anyone with calipers measure this disc?

Anyone compare to current run star or champ wraiths?

What reading are y'all getting on width? Just curious since PDGA spec says grace is wider. I know that is not to be relied upon but curious what y'all get.

Is the grace a sharper profile?

Is the wing depth the same?

Sorry for all the questions but appreciate your input.

What reading are y'all getting on width? Just curious since PDGA spec says grace is wider. I know that is not to be relied upon but curious what y'all get.

Is the grace a sharper profile?

Is the wing depth the same?

Sorry for all the questions but appreciate your input.

Grace:
WKCd7gQ.jpg

Wraith:
BwgHxlC.jpg

My micrometer is super finnicky with batteries, so I have to rely on the ol' manual way. It measures up to an inch, with each 10th of an inch divided into 4 quarters, and each quarter divided into 25ths. With that said, the Grace measures in at .863 of an inch (21.92mm), while the Wraith measures in at .86 of an inch (21.84mm)

Profile comparison:
nojAbqH.jpg

Grace on left, Wraith on right. This isn't the best comparison, because this particular Wraith I used is from a run with more of a flat wing, as opposed to the usual slightly concaved wing. Most Wraiths will have a wing that's between these two in concavity.

As for rim depth, I sadly don't have the right tool to measure that super accurately, but in hand feel, they feel the same.

Friend gave me a 1st run to try. Flat, not remarkably glidey. Takes decent power and has a nice late hookup. Reminds me a lot of a good old Esp Surge. Seems like a good workhorse 11 speed. Nearly aced a ~320' hole with a FH with it.

I hate to say it, but I just don't love the Grace. Threw my 2nd one last week. Both have been max weight and fairly flat.

They're too flippy. Every time I really reached back and mashed on these, they flipped over hard and never tried to come back. The Grace seems like a less reliable Surge or Wraith.

This disc doesn't take power well. Way too finicky.

I still have two. Totally different discs. The flat one turns, but doesn't glide well. The one with dome flies exactly like my River. I gave it to a 480ish player to break in.

The Tattar Grace I have been using was getting a hair too flippy, and I chose it as my sacrificial driver to throw over a water carry at hole 18 over at Flat Creek in Austin. Well, long story short it's in the middle of that lake.

Anyways, I had a couple backup Tattar Graces, so the one I chose has been flying rather nice. It has some flip-up and mild drift, but very healthy fade. Reliably stable and lots of glide still. Almost a little too close to my 165 Destroyer..

Finally decided to throw the Grace and see how it flies.

First, about me. Generally consider myself a 300' thrower on a good day if I do everything right. I'm over 50 and I am throwing at just over 5,000 feet of elevation in a flat field.

I have two, first run Graces. Both 174g. The blue one is pretty flat and I have an orange one with an average dome.

The blue one was noticeably flippier than the orange one and would easily flip up and drift farther right than expected. The orange one would pop up to flat but didn't turn too much and a few times I couldn't even get it to flat from a slight hyzer. The blue one was consistently longer but not by a drastic amount.

I would say if you're a noodle arm like me and have tried Wraiths but found them to be a tick too stable then the Grace might be worth looking at. Not sure how they will hold up since they're a little flippy right out of the gate.

f0fe7999b8b8f82146f1ec25edadd901.jpg

I have found a "flippy but not to flippy" and a quite stable GRACE. . those two and a RIVE is my driver setup. . not really a Lat64 thrower but i love these two

I threw my buddies Grace and it was like a less stable Wraith I thought. Good distance and glide I threw it 410 with a slight tailwind. I'm probably going to stick to Destroyers, I like a little more stability when fresh to allow beat in.