• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Mace

Got mine today,,purple on 175g. Just looking at the rim you can tell its going to be alot slower than a warship. Looks like it will be slower than pain also, rim looks bulbous/not aerodynamic to me. Hopefully it glides like the fuse just OS.

How's this guy power down?

I got a 177 GL yesterday that I threw on a couple soft low 60-90 foot approaches today, I got stuck behind a tree on two of my drives, and released soft with some anny it turned back slowly and landed soft and flat. I just traded my new pain because this is going to take its place. I have a pain that slide into a road and got run over by a truck that is my workhorse mid and I will probably grab a Zero Hard Mace at some point to beat up a bit to fill that spot.

Overall Mace vs Pain:
The mace feels better in my hand, glides like crazy, has a more forward fade and these two combine for waaaay more distance potential than my pain The mace is the perfect amount of beefy; there just aren't that many times I truly need the amount of overstability a fresh pain has and starting the mace with a bit more hyzer will give me what i need in those instances.

Can I get a Mace vs Drone comparison please? I LOVE my Drone but wouldn't mind something similar with better glide.

I got a chance to throw my new Zero Mace today@ 177g, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. There was about a 10MPH wind periodically today. For me the flight reminded me of a Star Rancho Roc when they are new. I couldnt turn mine in a 10 MPH wind and I have a pretty good snap with my mids. For me the disc seemed a little odd in hand but I always got a clean release. I didnt use if for any touch shots tho so I cant comment on that aspect.

Oddly enough I was worried that these would kick my Pains out of my bag... today It accualy did. I usually carry two GL pains, a beat in and a new beefy one. I lost both of them today! Its rare that I loose plastic, and even more rare that I loose mids... so I guess that my Mace literally kicked them out of my bag.

The GL Maces 173 and 175 I threw today, against Pains 176 opto, 170g GL, 176g GL.
Summary from me, should be taken with a grain of salt. My arm felt like tube of meat, and there was a 10-15 mph shifting head/crosswind.
All in all, it turned less easily than my pains. Snuck a few feet farther. The jist of it is, this is a slightly faster Pain, with a bead. With the shifting wind, it was hard to tell with one was more OS. But you know have a Lat64 choice of an OS (workable OS, NOT Drone OS) mid with or without a bead, deeper or shallower rim.
Also, the first thing I noticed was its rounded inside, where rim meets plate.
Shallower than a Pain, but not by much. Still not as a shallow as a Hornet. Size in hand feel, from smallest to largest:
Hornet, Roc, Buzzz, Mace/Roc3 (too close to tell), Pain.
Your hands may vary.

threw my 169 GL first run mace today. Thrown with some heat it will hold stable and flat with maybe a touch of turn. It has a nice dependable forward fade. When powered down for approach shots it is a little more beefy, but still completely workable. I did not throw it a ton the past two days because I also got the tangent, but Im thinking I will be rebuilding my mid-range lineup as Fuse Tangent Mace and Maybe warship. I will have to spend a little more time with the mace to get a feel for it and see how it beats in, and see how a heavy opto flies to see if I still need my warship or if I should pick up a drone like people keep telling me to do.

TLDR; Good HSS Dependable forward fade with lots of power thrown flat. more Beefy and smooth like butter when powered down, but not ridiculous drone like beef.

Made a few throws today with the Mace. Not as OS as I expected. Seemed faster than a Pain and was fun to throw, but I didn't get enough throws to really judge it. I wish it was a super meat hook so I didn't have to choose between it or the Pain. But it doesn't seem that OS at first throw.

Threw my 178g zero hard Mace today in some fairly strong wind. In a headwind it would flip from hyzer and gradually turn for a bit then stabilize. Seems to be real similar to a nice stable domed Roc in flight. Long and straight with a gradual fade. More stable than any of my ghosts for sure. I carry 1 beat excel and 2 gravities (straight and a more stable one) for reference.

I like this disc. I have a GL coming as well. I've been really testing the midranges this weekend. Tursas, Mace, M3 and M1 are all nice discs. Now I've got some thinking to do. 2 of my ghosts got pretty chewed at a tourney yesterday. I really have been wondering if I could just get used to throwing premium plastic mids I could cut down in the number of mids I go through. At the same time I like the simplicity of using 1 mid for everything. Decisions..decisions.

but Im thinking I will be rebuilding my mid-range lineup as Fuse Tangent Mace and Maybe warship. I will have to spend a little more time with the mace to get a feel for it and see how it beats in, and see how a heavy opto flies to see if I still need my warship or if I should pick up a drone like people keep telling me to do.

You will absolutely still need the Warship. Mark my words.

used my mace's in the tournament this weekend. great disc for me. put some power in it and it would hold a pretty straight line with some light fade at the end. Its a keeper.

Is the distance of the mace similar to the core? I have never thrown a roc.

I didn't find my Mace as glidey as my cores. Definitely more stable though, and not as nose angle sensitive (in my 2 rounds I played with it). The Mace will still turn if you pump it into a headwind though, so I'll still be carrying my drone. Definitely fills the gap between Buzzz/Warship and Drone for me nicely, as I hate the pain that I have.

Do the Mace have a slated rim like the Fuse or is it nice and straight?
How thick is the rim (width), like a Roc or Buzzz or?

no slant at all. rim wise not like a buzzz; i don't throw rocs every so i don't know if it compares to the rim of the roc.

Latest posts