• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Spike...any thoughts/opinions?

onemile, can you compare Spike to Summit for me, likes/dislikes?

Hard to say quite yet. I use the Summit for tricky approaches on my home curse because it is a soft and usually sits down. It is awesome for dead straight approaches, but I don't like it in the circle because of the floppiness of it. I haven't used the Spike on many approaches yet, but in the circle it is nice and straight, and the plastic is grippy, but not floppy. On approaches, it seems to fade out a little more than th Summit. Time will tell if I need both or if a beat Spike can do the Summit's job.

Thanks onemile. I've been trying to get used to the Summit Medium as my first shallow putter. Maybe I got one that's too light at 170g. Haven't weighed it but it feels like a coffee can lid to me. Summit's on the radar.

Thanks onemile. I've been trying to get used to the Summit Medium as my first shallow putter. Maybe I got one that's too light at 170g. Haven't weighed it but it feels like a coffee can lid to me. Summit's on the radar.

The Spike has a completely different feel than the Summit. You're dead on that it's like a coffee can lid, because of the round nose. The nose on the Spike is much more mid-like, giving it a more modern, fast feel.

On the bright side, a coffee can lid can be quite useful and the summit takes up less space in the bag than the Birdie.

I use a spike as my main putter and love it, tried a few summits a while back and found that you need to put a ton of stank on them to get them to glide. They were accurate but tended to blow through chains on occassion so I don't use them at all, a decent understable driving putter if you like but not much else imo.

The old zero spikes are rubbery and are the best, they beat up and get all warped but nothing beas them, the plastic almost looks like leather. These are the ones with the big lat 64 swoop on the center of the disc.

I also use my spikes for shorter approaches that I need to turn right(rhbh).

Hard to say quite yet. I use the Summit for tricky approaches on my home curse because it is a soft and usually sits down. It is awesome for dead straight approaches, but I don't like it in the circle because of the floppiness of it. I haven't used the Spike on many approaches yet, but in the circle it is nice and straight, and the plastic is grippy, but not floppy. On approaches, it seems to fade out a little more than th Summit. Time will tell if I need both or if a beat Spike can do the Summit's job.

Got my spike in today and I must say, it feels awesome. Haven't had a chance to throw it and might be a little while, but I'm looking forward to it. I also have a summit that I use more for approach also. Hoping a spike will fill that role.

Has some turn but will fade a little if it is given enough height IMO

Latest posts