• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

I love the Trident! I was heart broken when Lat. 64 discontinued the disc, cause it's such a workhorse in my bag. The nice thing is that you can still find the Trident for a reasonable price on Ebay.

I am just glad I have a stack of Tridents I should never go through. They are my go to forehand disc for ~300ft woods shots.

I have a few on reserve: so far, I could see that small stack taking me into geezer years.

So bizarre, the stable to under-stable fairway slot is so clogged: Maul, River, Falchion, Saint, Striker, Fury, Jade, Explorer, Diamond. Yet here is this unique gem, and that is the one you cut?! Waddahell Lat?

I have a few on reserve: so far, I could see that small stack taking me into geezer years.

So bizarre, the stable to under-stable fairway slot is so clogged: Maul, River, Falchion, Saint, Striker, Fury, Jade, Explorer, Diamond. Yet here is this unique gem, and that is the one you cut?! Waddahell Lat?

Like half of these are superfluous. Trident is a beautiful snowflake among discs. Unique and useable for most players.

Like half of these are superfluous. Trident is a beautiful snowflake among discs. Unique and useable for most players.

Slow and beefy. Not unlike a Viper. I agree there are way too many semi-understable fairway drivers out there.

I think most players are scared of slow, overstable discs.

Slow and beefy. Not unlike a Viper. I agree there are way too many semi-understable fairway drivers out there.

I think most players are scared of slow, overstable discs.

Yeah I agree, slower than speed 9 is more in my wheelhouse for these shots. I feel like I can get a slower OS disc to fly straight before the dump, whereas anything faster, including some (most) firebirds, don't fly at all.

In my search for a slower and/or more manageable FB, the trident was on a short list of options, but with it being OOP it's a bit of a damper. Banshees are fine but not super impressed by the domey pearly ones. The resistor is a great option too... what else is there with an actual narrow fairway rim? Early sparks too...

Yeah I agree, slower than speed 9 is more in my wheelhouse for these shots. I feel like I can get a slower OS disc to fly straight before the dump, whereas anything faster, including some (most) firebirds, don't fly at all.

In my search for a slower and/or more manageable FB, the trident was on a short list of options, but with it being OOP it's a bit of a damper. Banshees are fine but not super impressed by the domey pearly ones. The resistor is a great option too... what else is there with an actual narrow fairway rim? Early sparks too...

Yeah, you aren't going to find many overstable fairway drivers slower than speed 9. I think the Reaper was just such a disc from Discraft, but its been OOP for a long while.

The Longbowman from Westside comes to mind. Its a speed 7 disc that is pretty resistant to turning over.

Nothing flies like a Trident.
Bought another one used opto off a guy at a tournament. He wanted more than I thought it should be really worth but I bought it anyway...

It was super flat purple opto, but it's surprisingly flippy. I've traded flippier tridents in the past to someone for OS ones, and one of my retros has developed some turn but I might keep this as it's SO GOOD for forehand hyzerflips in the woods.

There was a gorgeous pink burst GL Trident in the used bin today that looked like it had been thrown meekly in a field, once tops so I couldn't resist. I love the rim profile. Gonna see how it fares against my old Banshee and EXP-X for my FH roller, thumber and other overstable junk role.

Has anyone compared trident and this new mold Pioneer? I switched from trident to spark and i was happy. But then they made spark more understable and ruined it. I don't want to chase after oop discs.

If the Pioneer is supposed to be the L64 firebird -which is what I've heard- it will probably be in a different league than the Trident. Firebirds I've thrown have all been more HSS than Tridents. Your best option might be getting some xXxs and beating them in. Those share a kind of blunt wing the Trident has and are more consistently OS, though a friend of mine has some beat ones that seem very workable.

Not sure what is the speed of pioneer, but xxx is too fast for my trident type of shots. I have thrown some. Something with speed around 7 would be nice. Looking for slower and truly OS "firebird".
Trident was marked as speed 5 at some point but it is definately faster.

My opto tridents were silly overstable. I could throw those in any anny and they would still fade back. I throw around 450 with forehand and I got barely any turn in my tridents.

I have several overstable ones I will never throw. Fortunatly I have a decent stack of the flat straighter ones.

The prodigy fairways are the closest I have seen to the trident in flight speed and feel. I throw the f3 with a trident, similar feel but finishes straight.

I have several overstable ones I will never throw. Fortunatly I have a decent stack of the flat straighter ones.

The prodigy fairways are the closest I have seen to the trident in flight speed and feel. I throw the f3 with a trident, similar feel but finishes straight.

I know, I traded you for at least one of them and it's fantastic :clap:
If I beat my current moonshine one in a little more it might be of interest to you for another swap.

I think I've found the closest thing to a Trident without being a Trident in a Resistor. I don't have one but I tossed one my friend has, and watched him throw it around the other day and they're pretty close. Both are kind of mid/fairway tweeners in terms of length and workable with a large fade. If I didn't have a stack of Tridents I'd pick a couple up to try

Latest posts