• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Trident.

I really wish the Trident was in stock somewhere other than Infinite. I want to try one, but don't want to pay S&H for a single disc. Infinite was great as a beginner when purchasing 5 or more discs at a time, but it's a hastle once you've settled into what you like to throw.

That being said I don't think I have any Tridents that aren't flat?

There are two main ones I've seen that aren't flat. The last run of stock Opto(had a ton of x outs) at slightly domey. Also have seen some GL that have a good bit of shoulder and then Puddle top.

I really wish the Trident was in stock somewhere other than Infinite. I want to try one, but don't want to pay S&H for a single disc. Infinite was great as a beginner when purchasing 5 or more discs at a time, but it's a hastle once you've settled into what you like to throw.

Infinite only has stock of Tridents because they paid Lat 64 to run them. It's kind of like the Dealer/Manufacturer relationship with cars. I'll pay them a little more to have had that good run.

That being said the S&H from infinite is killer. I normally bundle up with a bunch of friends of mine just as addicted to buying discs.

dxtdP4d.jpg

Most OS is the spin dye from TylerC, I wasn't throwing it for the longest time since it wasn't easily replaceable.
MF opto is next best and ITB currently.
Moonshines are a nice starting stability, but beat in pretty quick.
Gold line burst is OK but can turn in a headwind
Retro starts off stable and beats in turn quick
Gold Goldline and Purple Opto are hyzerflip machines.

Some do have some shoulder mentioned earlier but it's not noticeable to me

Not pictured are two lost at Giles run, a moonshine that was starting to turn and my original and favorite purple OS opto

The Latitude store has Opto-x Chameleon Tridents. They look pretty spectacular but I'm not paying $25+shipping for it, that's one pricey disc!
I threw my Infinite sparkle Opto into a pond this weekend, hopefully it returns to me one day.

Opto-X-Chameleon-Trident-Turquoise-Black_1200x.jpg

I don't understand why they don't just bring the Trident back into regular production. Plenty of people throw them. I just started throwing them last year. I can't believe what I was missing. But yeah, I'll wait for the price to come down before trying a chameleon opto x.

I don't understand why they don't just bring the Trident back into regular production. Plenty of people throw them. I just started throwing them last year. I can't believe what I was missing. But yeah, I'll wait for the price to come down before trying a chameleon opto x.

Agreed. I bag Zones and a PDx for beef. I've often thought that a Trident-like disc would better split the gap between Zone and PDx, but I don't want to rely on a limited run/OOP disc. I bag a Felon there instead (although lately I've been skipping the OS fairway slot altogether). I would prefer something slower than a Felon.

Agreed. I bag Zones and a PDx for beef. I've often thought that a Trident-like disc would better split the gap between Zone and PDx, but I don't want to rely on a limited run/OOP disc. I bag a Felon there instead (although lately I've been skipping the OS fairway slot altogether). I would prefer something slower than a Felon.

I would say the Trident is definitely less stable than a fresh Felon.

Luckily for established Trident throwers, Infinite realized people will still buy these and has gotten Latitude to create at least 3 runs and since they seem to like money I can see it staying in semi production with Infinite bankrolling it moving forward.

Years ago, probably around March 2015, I lost my favorite purple Opto Trident in the woods at Perkerson. park in Atlanta. I was super bummed and tried to buy a few more but after some bad luck and the release of the Justice, I gave up Tridents.

A couple of weeks ago this guy texts me out of the blue. He's found my Trident and mailed it to me. It looks almost exactly the same and he found it on the hold I lost it on. So it's been basically unmoved for almost five years, I haven't gotten to throw it yet, but I do wonder if after all this time I'll still like it.

I did it! After 4 years of being lost, I found the disc that started my torrid love affair with Tridents, my original purple opto I had lost at Giles.
I had looked for it almost every time I've played that course at least 10-15 minutes and yesterday was just my lucky day. It flies just as well as the day I lost it.
UcDqOJv.jpg

I did it! After 4 years of being lost, I found the disc that started my torrid love affair with Tridents, my original purple opto I had lost at Giles.
I had looked for it almost every time I've played that course at least 10-15 minutes and yesterday was just my lucky day. It flies just as well as the day I lost it.
UcDqOJv.jpg

That looks almost exactly like the purple Opto I had lost

I really like the yellow flat translucent opto ones. They feel really good for forehand and have a nice stand up with the late fade. I am glad I have a stack of them

The only Trident I have is root beer. I like throwing it, but my friends hate looking for it, so it usually stays at home.

Looks like those got snapped up.

I really dont like having only one Trident left. Has anyone seen these in stock lately?

This mold is at the top of my "plz go back into full production" wish list.

Nothing else I've found works as well for me in this slot in my bag, and nothing separates so well from adjacent slots.

Looks like those got snapped up.

I really dont like having only one Trident left. Has anyone seen these in stock lately?

This mold is at the top of my "plz go back into full production" wish list.

Nothing else I've found works as well for me in this slot in my bag, and nothing separates so well from adjacent slots.

I hear ya. I play in headwinds often, and my Trident has been my money disc from 150-200 on those shots.

I have a short stack of them, and have been lucky enough to never have lost one. I check eBay often, and occasionally you can find one that's not crazy expensive.

Latest posts