• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude Overmolds

So it seems the Beetle is NOT overmolded. So still no official Lat "Gyro" molds approved yet? Does this mean Spill is ANOTHER PLASTIC!? That means DD will be releasing their "Beetle" soon.. :rolleyes:

And that also (probably) means a new plastic for both DD and in three years Westside.

That's not true at all. They already had the Ion and the factory had been overmolding for decades. They allowed him up to see the factory and discuss making things for him, but his methods of disc making were not relevant to how MVP was making discs. There are PDGA forum posts where MVP is showing the Ion and Dave offers to come show them how he does it. Those methods are great for the Wizards we know and love, but he had zero impact on MVP as is claimed by a lot of Gateway fans. He talked about a lot of ideas that hadn't been implemented on the PDGA forum, including weight distribution, but he did not show MVP how to make their discs or invent the methods MVP uses to mold a nose cone overmold. There are some extremely knowledgeable techs at Maple Valley who deserve a lot more credit for those methods than a dude who brainstormed to a forum.

dave has posted himself on the lat64 post about how he taught mvp how to do what they do. i want to troll so hard but i need good karma even if it is the interwebz.

Quote or link please. You tease

found it after rereading it wasn't as bad as i thought but dude is off his meds.

"Yeah Right ,,,MVP got the idea from me after I visited there shop and told his dad everything I knew about the future of the golf disc.

They do produce some really well molded discs, but havent scratched the surface of the performance enhancing designs that can be incorporated using perimeter weighting and surface technology together."

The Future of the Golf Disc, ladies and gentlemen...

Attachments

• IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 70
The Future of the Golf Disc, ladies and gentlemen...

LOL.

MVP discs have broken too, along with Innova, Legacy, Discraft, and I'm sure Latitude's will eventually as well.

With that said, Gateway isn't exactly known for stellar business practices.

MVP discs have broken too.

I've never heard of an MVP disc cracking into pieces, and never seen a pic of it. If you have a link, pic, or something that would be interesting to see. I'm not even sure it's possible for an MVP disc to split like that because of the OM.

LOL.

MVP discs have broken too

Source?

I've tried. I've literally taken their least durable discs and thrown them repeatedly into brick walls. The worst I've been able to damage their higher end plastic was taking a 1/4" chunk out of an Eclipse Volts overmold when I drove it into the corner of a cement block.

That Wizard broke in half being thrown with about 250' of power into a tree on a mild spring afternoon. Once.

Nice pic of an antique brittle baseline disc broke in two...

Not sure the point here...

Geez, guess I gotta brush up on my comedy. :D Thought it was pretty obvious I was poking fun at the future of disc golf comments.

Either way that disc was a year or two old when it broke. Not exactly an antique :rolleyes:

Geez, guess I gotta brush up on my comedy. :D Thought it was pretty obvious I was poking fun at the future of disc golf comments.

Either way that disc was a year or two old when it broke. Not exactly an antique :rolleyes:

To get that stamp to wear almost completely off a disc takes allot of time in my experience, but whatever, the disc looked old. I've tried to break a disc too on purpose and have played disc golf for many many years and have never, ever broke a disc in half. I'd actually be pretty proud if I could accomplish that, even if by chance or happenstance.

It's funny because MVP is making single shot discs, very tongue in cheek comedy eh

Someone on the Facebook posted a photo of an Insanity (I believe) that was cracked across the flightplate.

He said it wasn't the first time either.

Friend of mine said he cracked the flightplate on one of those old Medium Proton Eclipse Ions (the really stiff ones).