• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lefty Form Check in

Lemony

Hi all I'd like a check in on my backhand form. I'm maxing out around 400 and change with average throws coming in around 360-75 and I'd like to reach 400 more consistently. Any help would be appreciated.

attachment.php

See how you are leaning back over your leg too far, and turned/extended back too early, rear foot turned too far backward and flat footed. You are not loading back inside your posture/rear leg and making a positive forward move with the lower leg/instep of foot, which then causes you to go back over the top going forward(Watch your finish, your head goes past your front foot, any top pro will still have the head behind the front foot/braced through the finish. We can see the pros have not fully extended/turned into their reachback yet, rear knee is forward of the ankle and knee cap is almost facing the camera while your rear knee is behind the ankle and knee cap is facing almost 90 degrees back. Stay more on your toes and balanced upright while turning back later. Your x-step you are too crouched down and bent, you want to rise up some or go weightless or airborne during the x-step, so you then can fall/lower your center of gravity into the throw(compressed against the ground by your weight/swing/centripetal pull) and rise back up through impact into the finish. See door frame drills.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 1.01.52 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2016-06-09 at 1.01.52 AM.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts