• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lefty situation

xCheesex

Hi guys, im an amature player living in Sarasota Florida, home of disc golf pro Bryan Moore. Im a left hand back handed thrower, and its a pain at times, most courses and disc are made for right handed throwers. Im also fairly new to the game, only been playing for about 2 months, the point of this topic is inquire about any left handed friendly disc, i know those jackasses at innova did the april fools "south paw line" that would have saved me from ever posting this, but it was a cruel joke. Soo im asking for all information on discs by any maker, that might help sharpen my game and pay the same flight path for a righty,

smell+a+rat.jpg

ahahaha, either you're a tard or a funny bridge goblin. Discs made for right-handed players, a classic...

what I'm talking about is the fact that it's retarded to suggest that the discs are for right-handed people, hehe, still making me laugh.

Now the course situation I can understand, certainly over half favour right handed I would imagine, but many of them do favour lefties as well, it's all about learning to play all the lines.

whatever you say, thanks for representing the sport community in such a dick way, you were sooo helpful

Haha man, I'm sorry you feel that way, well not really, but when one says that "discs are made for right-handed people" he's asking to be declared a troll or being laughed at. If you're referring that discs like to fade left when thrown RHBH, well shit tough luck, that's physics for you, not disc design.

Cheese said:
whatever you say, thanks for representing the sport community in such a dick way, you were sooo helpful

you will need to clarify.
no discs that i know of are right/left hand specific. though maybe you could argue that turbo putters / ching discs are a bitter fit for right handers.

certain discs are made to be thrown a specific/unusual way : Aerobie EPIC
certain discs are very overstable and will fade early and hard in their flight : Innova Firebird
certain discs are very understable and will turn early in their flight and fade very little : Innova Sidewinder

im going to assume this is about all your discs finishing in the same direction. which is simply related to the physics of how the disc flies.
throwing RHBH ( which is what most everyone throws ) the spin you create on the disc will cause it to always fade left or at least fight to fade in that direction as it slows down.
the more understable of a disc you can find the less you will see this fade at the end of your throws, but keep in mind you can also turn these discs over to much and end up throwing a roller.

if you can let us know how you throw LHBH/LHFH and what sort of flight you are looking for out of your disc then the people here will make suggestions im sure.
also list your average distance with your main driver, this will help gauge what speed of discs to recommend for your arm speed.

It really is hard to take statements/questions like that seriously. Discs are by design symmetric (well, except for 2 or three exceptions) and hence handedness doesn't figure into it at all.

What exactly is it you want the discs to do in your case?

Even righties need sidearm throws so if your body can handle that and you learn it well there's your answer. Backhand lefty drives need low fade discs. Putters aplenty in this category. P1 and Anode as examples. Mids Coyote, Fuse and Comet. Fairways drivers Leopard. Drivers Gold Line River. Distance drivers Beast, Surge SS underweight, flatter GL FLow, domey Opto Flow from less fading to harder fading.

Then there are dangerous options if you throw far that are less dangerous for say under 330' throwers like new Star Sidewinders (don't touch the squirrely old ones) Vulcans in light weights. Vulcans have fade but go far for non cannon arms in low weights. A lesser fading Vulcan would be a Monarch that also comes in low weights. Blizzzard low weight discs also can boost your exit speed which may help in delaying/minimizing fade. Throwing low has the disc hitting ground before it can move a lot sideways.

Righties need to be able throw each disc as do lefties. Righties face the same issue on right turning holes so the challenges are the same form and equipment wise. Only the frequency changes- If you're great at overhead shots that can help too except on windy days.

This isnt a disc issue. This is t a skill or experience issue, or a course design issue.

This is a God issue, if god loved you, you'd be right handed

Yeah, don't worship satan so much and accept jesus as your saviour and you just might turn into a normal right-handed human being.

polecat and maybe very lightweight blizzard wolf's are extremely good lefty discs. good luck, and don't mind the haters

EDIT: I know the innova website says that they are putters and midranges respectively, but for left handers they go as far as drivers.

God hates me the most. I can drive best LHBH but only flick and putt righty. I practice annys while I curse under my breath.