• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Mongoose

I bagged a blue FR Icon Mongoose for a while, it was a great roller disc but too understable/unpredictable for air shots. Got me into more trouble than anything.

I replaced it with a Sparkle Nemesis, which seems to be more usable for air shots but isn't as good of a roller. Would love something in the middle, I've had my eyes on a silver or blue Legend Mongoose for a while. You've spoken highly of them before.

I really need to sell a bunch of stuff to replenish my paypal, my "wants" list keeps getting bigger!

Yeah, the Legend Mongoose might be just what you are looking for. I personally haven't thrown the Nemesis, so I am not sure how it would compare. What I do know is the silver Legend Mongoose is a lot more stable than I was expecting when I originally bought it. Not in a bad way, though. It just wasn't the super flip-machine I expected it to be right off the shelf.

Recently got a 164 icon mongoose that is broken in. It ia very flippy, so i was wondering what kind of roller distance could one get with this disc? I tried multiple times and my max control d is around 250-260. Should i up the weight or just work on my shot more.

There were some purple pop top Icon 'Geese that were more stable than the FRs. I like the purple Legends as well. Still easy to roll but able to stay in the air on a turnover line if needed.

Anyone heard of mis-stamped mongooses? I have a flat red icon that has almost no turn for me at a full rip. Maybe around 350.

I dunno, the Mongoose shows turn for my wife. Unless Rupet has virtually no arm I think he's either got a mis-stamped disc or a total freak. Either is possible.

I just went out and tested it with a patriot, bandit, nemesis and 2 phenoms, all in icon. I would say the mongoose was the most overstable of the bunch. They all fly pretty similar for me, straight with a little fade at the end. With exception for the nemesis which had some turn. I'm thinking its a combination of my noodle arm and getting a beefy one.
Anyone heard of mis-stamped mongooses? I have a flat red icon that has almost no turn for me at a full rip. Maybe around 350.