• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Legal Disc - Cracked Bead

GirdleRoc

Birdie Member
Yesterday I was playing a round of disc golf and threw my KC Pro Roc onto a deck by accident. I just started throwing this one mid summer. When I picked it up I realized that that the bead/rim had cracked a bit. It is about 1"-2" long and may be a quarter inch deep. Would this disc be illegal?

When does a crack in a disc becoem illegal?

The reason I ask is because it flies dead straight now so I want to keep it to cycle it.

http://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/801-general/80102-discs-used-in-play

801.02 Discs Used in Play

C.A disc which is cracked or perforated is illegal.

It would help to see pictures of the disc.

From your description, it sounds illegal. There really is no gray area, a crack is a crack and makes the disc illegal for use in sanctioned play.

I think it depends on what it looks like, so like Brad said, a picture would help.

I've seen discs with chunks taken out of the rim that I'd still consider legal, but some might argue that it's a "crack" and that it's illegal. To me, a crack or perforation has to run through the flight plate for it to be illegal. Chunks and digs in the rim (which includes the bead) seem like acceptable wear and tear. But that's all my interpretation. I may be wrong.

I will post a picture tonight!
It isn't a very big "crack"... I was just curious.
If it is illegal it is going to be a sad sad day because it flies ridiculously straight.

IMG_20140910_161813760_HDR.jpg

The larger question looming is, why are the seats removed, windows blacked out, and 4 rolls of duct tape in the storage net? :|

Hahaha... It's a canister of bungee cords not duct tape. The seats are down for moving stuff or going to the drive in. I don't know why the windows are tinted... It is how I bought the Escape. :)