• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lemon Lake Indiana FIASCO

I thought this place was supposed to be a back up location for World's in case no one else put in a bid.

Somehow I don't see that remaining as a viable option if things are really that much in decline.

I think that was because Brian was involved......

Last time I saw and spoke with Brian was after he was in a meeting before the last Worlds hosted there. I think it was just locals (Parks people, Jay and Deb, maybe others) at the meeting (might have been a conference call with PDGA as well). I talked with Brian after-words and he was more then a little annoyed. I think he was pretty much done dealing the local parties and wanted nothing to do with any future worlds happening there, so I don't believe the PDGA would be foolish enough to try to run a Worlds there again without him.

I thought this place was supposed to be a back up location for World's in case no one else put in a bid.
I don't believe the PDGA would be foolish enough to try to run a Worlds there again without him.

Oh, it's very much a back-up location for Worlds. The Flight Center is what they're calling a PDGA Regional Development Center. The PDGA seems like they're in full support of what is going on there (right or wrong) and very much views Lemon Lake as their primary fall back option should bids to host Worlds fall short or fall through on short notice.

On the other hand, the splitting of Pro Worlds into two separate events means the course capacity needed to host isn't as great and should create opportunities for more places to host than could previously handle the event. And I have my doubts that they're ever going to run short of willing hosts for Am Worlds since it is a money-maker (or at least has far greater potential for breaking even on investments). There may never be a need to bring Worlds back to Lemon Lake again...at least in an "we have no other options" kind of way.

It certainly doesn't help that Jay has such an... abrasive personality. I just hope the courses don't suffer from any of the (constant) conflicts. Sounds like they already have :\. What happened to the pallets on #12 Gold??

...The not for profit club store at Lemon Lake became Jay and Debs (Jebs) store shortly after unemployed Jay was tasked to organize it. They assumed all the tournaments we established and ran for decades....they went around Brian to his parks contacts/sponsors and told them they were in charge and fueled their coup with character assassinations of Red ROC club members in general. As a shop clerk she has no business attempting to enforce her version of the park rules to disc golfers in the parking lot. As one of the many that spent significant resources building the place I am appalled at the effectiveness of their take-over implemented in 2013....in the meantime we've established and developed several other courses including, Countryside Park in Portage, IN--- Hidden Lake in Merrillville, IN---Rivers Edge in Munster, IN

WE JUST WANT TO PLAY DISC GOLF WITHOUT THE DRAMA!!!

I may be way off base here and if so I apologise for the inturruption...but if it's a not-for-profit club store, is it not governed by the local club? Could the store clerks not be voted out during the next AGM?

I'm pretty sure 85% of NW Indiana people are certifiably insane which leads to much crabbiness. All our ground water comes from Gary.

:shrug:

yea I was born in the area, but parents moved to ohio when I was still an infant. The water at my grandma's house always did have a funny smell, though...:gross::D

indiana-hoosiers-thumb.jpg

I never understood why people who hate customers insist on running a business that deals directly with the public. Reminds me of the Seinfeld "soup nazi" episode: NO MORE DISC GOLF FOR YOU!

I may be way off base here and if so I apologise for the inturruption...but if it's a not-for-profit club store, is it not governed by the local club? Could the store clerks not be voted out during the next AGM?

It is currently a for profit store....Jeb gets all the profits...again as Jay was tasked to organize the store when we were setting it up Jeb had access to all the parks contacts and manipulated their way into being the voice of NW Indiana Disc Golf. This occured as we were running our 2nd worlds in 3 years....the club was at it's weakest and 2 of our X members took advantage of these circumstances to execute a hostile takeover...

Jay barely plays and Deb does not.....PDGA Development Center run by them is a JOKE!!

What's up with the museum thingy?

Thread Revival............

Thread Revival............

Going to be in the area at the end of the month, I see that the Red Course( it is actually my favorite on the property ) is closed. Anyone know why?
I have not played the white with the changes, but have played the blue.
Any info would be appreciated....

Latest posts