• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Hot water, pressure and time. Get everything nice and hot and wet then just leave it overnight.

So, brief thoughts on the LM Lockjaw:

Got out to throw it quite a bit yesterday because the closest course to me is very short. The Liquid Metal Lockjaw does indeed have less glide than the Claws/Karbon Lockjaw but it's less than I originally thought from when I was just playing catch with it. It also, oddly, has more LSS. It's a lid that fades, especially when it's thrown fairly high as lids should often be thrown. It fought a little out of a sky anhyzer which was weird for me to see.

It's a decent disc, but it's flirting with not flying quite like a lid despite it's shape. Mine is on the flatter side, so those of you who got the really domey ones will have to tell us your experiences as well. I'm wondering if the dome will have a big impact on the flight. For now, I'm keeping it in the bag. But I may go back to the regular Tiger Line Claws if the LM Lockjaw doesn't beat in to something a bit more lid like.

How long does it take Salient to ship these things? Do they go Pony Express? I already have a setup to make the dome same as my Yikun Talon. Waiting.

Heat up and lay flat with weight on it. Few ways to go about it. Depends on plastics tho if it will last.

I've done this with some domey Innova mids in champion and the same with some Gateway mids in Evo, and it doesn't last. They're both like memory plastic. I won't throw mids with dome, so they sit.

Yeah same with a vector. I once set a blank CD roll on top of one and it still popped back up. Microwave is only way but tricky.

I think the best way might be to just set them upside down on a flat surface out in the sun all day, let gravity and nature take effect.

Nah the origional isnt board flat. Im gonna stack nickles around the rim in a casserole dish, put the disc on upside down, boiling water and a pan of hot water on top. Leave it in the oven overnight. If I ever get the thing. Maybe they are waiting for Charles Lindburg to deliver it. Seriously I ordered random stuff from Amazon a day or two earlier and I got it two days ago from USPS. I'm afraid I will kill with this disc and have to buy more from them.

How long does it take Salient to ship these things? Do they go Pony Express? I already have a setup to make the dome same as my Yikun Talon. Waiting.

They have terrible customer service. I once waited three weeks for some discs and a hat from them, and that was when I was on their amateur squad. So don't expect it to come anytime soon. If you send them enough emails they will eventually respond. But you will have to pester them. Who knows if they've even shipped it, as they don't send out tracking information or even an email to let you know it was sent.

But when it does arrive I think you'll enjoy it. The new course in the Springs just opened up the last three holes and they are tigh tunnels but with fairly high cielings...perfect for a lid. I've been running them with the Lockjaw and it's only a matter of time before I sink one for the ace (hopefully during one of our sanctioned league rounds!) The Liquid Metal plastic blend seems to grab chains pretty well for a premium plastic.

I haven't even really begun to "beat in" the LM Lockjaw yet, even though I caromed it off a few trees already. Not quite as truly lid-esque as the Karbon Lockjaws, but I'm liking it more and more.

EQ3KCwnl.jpg

I throw this every once in a while, does anyone have any info on it?

I throw this every once in a while, does anyone have any info on it?

It's a circle stamp Polecat. It's just old. Not worth much to the collectors but priceless to those that throw them. Oh wait, every Polecat is the bees knees. My favorite has flight numbers for the record, and I love it.

It's a circle stamp Polecat. It's just old. Not worth much to the collectors but priceless to those that throw them. Oh wait, every Polecat is the bees knees. My favorite has flight numbers for the record, and I love it.

Thats what I was looking for, thanks tbird.

I'm not a huge lead fan myself, although lock jaws in the liquid metal will be some of the prizes at the tournament I'm running next month.

My daughter however has gotten a 153 polecat and can throw it better than anything else that she's tried. She can probably get it out there almost 100 feet. Which is pretty good for a six-year-old girl

Finally got the Lockjaw. Feels like eating a TV dinner. Looks nothing like what is on the box but you didn't expect it to anyway and its the same as the last one. Yeah It's mad domey. Flies pretty much the same as my Tiger line Talon IF it comes out clean. Huge if. I keep torquing the thing and sending it wobbling off to the right. Keep in mind I am not good but don't have that problem with the Talon. Kind of expected it wouldn't have the two color stamp like in the picture and I was right. This is the first time I've felt up Salient plastic and I've heard good things but doesn't feel like anything special. I expected Liquid Metal to look metallic. Did skip it off concrete a few times and it held up great. Overall I like it. Gonna try to flatten it tonight. Seriously flies just like the Talon. Doesn't turn over with a full rip and i don't think it fades as hard as some people say. Didn't notice any difference in glide. I was parking the Lockjaw and Talon on top of each other at 200 feet. It's gonna be in the bag but I wanted to be more impressed. I took comparison pictures but I can't figure out how to post them.