• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

Well regardless, if they could somehow get slightly heavier premium plastic PDGA legal sonic in production that would be sweet (even if they weren't max weight).

Yes I agree 100%. Players could for the time being use the 136 gram G Star 215 HeroDisc SuperSonic by Innova. Yes I do not like G Star for longer then short midrange distance.

Last edited:
What are some low profile lids? The polecat is just too deep for me.

That's tough. You're treading into slim pickin's with that qualifier.

The Doggy Style, the Beetle, Zeppelin*, Rattler, Upshot, and Claws have shorter heights than the Polecat according to the PDGA list but I don't agree with the Rattler, the Upshot is about the same as a flat Polecat and I have no experience with the others.

*flies like a lid supposedly if not shaped strictly like one. I think a smaller company is making these since DC didn't put them in production but I can't remember which one.

That's tough. You're treading into slim pickin's with that qualifier.

The Doggy Style, the Beetle, Zeppelin*, Rattler, Upshot, and Claws have shorter heights than the Polecat according to the PDGA list but I don't agree with the Rattler, the Upshot is about the same as a flat Polecat and I have no experience with the others.

*flies like a lid supposedly if not shaped strictly like one. I think a smaller company is making these since DC didn't put them in production but I can't remember which one.

Plastic Addicts Habit.

The Upshot was retooled. I still have an original Upshot and it's shallow. The one I throw is deeper.

Original Upshot:
picture.php

Retooled Upshot:
picture.php

That looked closed. I could not load any discs into the cart

Sorry, I didn't even check. I'd say the Beetle and Claws are probably your best bets from what I've read. I will say that as a DX Polecat seasons, the flight plate will sink in and feel more and more low profile. :\

U2 is nothing like the old upshot, it's more like a Challenger or JK aviar

The Upshot was retooled. I still have an original Upshot and it's shallow. The one I throw is deeper.
That makes sense. I go back and forth between a Polecat and an Upshot because I prefer the flight of the Upshot and the shallower feel of the Polecat.

How does the flight of the original Upshot compare to the one we have now?

You guys ever thrown a super beat Dagger? It seems to me like once you got over the hump of wearing the bead in, they could really straighten out and fly like a lid. The most worn ones I have fly like a stable lid in early flight but still fade out to a small degree.

You guys ever thrown a super beat Dagger? It seems to me like once you got over the hump of wearing the bead in, they could really straighten out and fly like a lid. The most worn ones I have fly like a stable lid in early flight but still fade out to a small degree.

Pure SacriLIDge.
Beat putters will have great glide. They will not fly like lids.

Big Kahuna????

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with the Innova Big Kahuna? Specifically is it wind resistant enough for the extra weight for playing long catch? (200g Pulsar is what is is said to be.).
I Typically play catch with buddies with various disc golf putters of mostly softer varieties. Trying to work some Normal frisbee.

Big Kahuna????

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with the Innova Big Kahuna? Specifically is it wind resistant enough for the extra weight for playing long catch? (200g Pulsar is what is is said to be.).
I Typically play catch with buddies with various disc golf putters of mostly softer varieties. Trying to work some Normal frisbee.

You can get some power into a BK with a Hyzer release and it will float a good 175-200 feet dead straight. Wind does not effect it too much. Fun catch disc. My favorite is the makani. Perfect frisbee/disc tweener for long games of catch. The wind does not effect it too much either for being 140-150.

I liked the Innova Apple when I tossed it a while back. I used to enjoy my Wham-O! in the yard untilI found out I was a "poser" (haha) anyway. I've been wanting to grab a Rattler, Polecat, Birdie or whatever (or all of em) just for pure fun. Also possibly a Condor but then it may actually make the ba3 r#g and I'd get made fun of by the guys; Zephyr? Bite? Beetle.... So many choices.