• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Line up of mid-ranges in the bag?

10 yr buzz and a z comet. i use a pred or e wizard for OS duties.

I personally love midranges and use them for a variety of shots so I tend to bag quite a few...(Buzz, Buzz OS, Verdict, Evidence, Drone)...There is some overlap, but they each serve different purposes and I've got ample bag space for them so I figured why not?

I personally love midranges and use them for a variety of shots so I tend to bag quite a few...(Buzz, Buzz OS, Verdict, Evidence, Drone)...There is some overlap, but they each serve different purposes and I've got ample bag space for them so I figured why not?

Thats the spirit. I have a handful of alternate discs I switch in and out of my bag and sometimes there's '"overlap" but there are slight differences in the flights that do make it appropraite for the disc selection. Really,who cares, carry what you want and know you'll use ;) dont let the overlap judges call you on anything, do what you do :)

example: I'm carrying a lot of putters and short range stuff, but I know how the discs differ in flight and what conditions I'd use them in. Sure i could only use a Pa3 and cover a lot if not all of it, but....I like having the options ;)

i use justice, verdict, truth, compass.

justice for big hyzers and forehand shots
verdict for the hyzers, wind, and driving of the tee
truth I'm still figuring out
compass for tunnel shots, annhyzers, and when i pretend I'm Ricky.

Mine just changed again.

Champ Panther
Biz Z Comet
Z Buzzz (beat in)
Ti Buzzz
ESP Zone

Sometimes:
Gold Line Core
Z Meteor

Currently just at a Roc/M4. Thinking about adding a more overstable mid to my lineup...
Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have good things to say about the MD3?

MD3 is basically a beadless Roc3. It is not more overstable, I love the disc and replaced my Rocs with it about a year ago. I just get a cleaner release with it than a Roc.

I love midranges. In my opinion mids have more unique flight shapes compared to a lot of drivers.

My normal lineup is:

S Sentinel- straight with a hard fade. Sneaky long.
QMS- straight with a light fade, holds a good hyzer.
Aurora MS- dead straight
Aurora MS (lightweight)- touch approaches, can also turn when thrown full speed.
Stingray- straight to a gradual right finish.

I also carry a Gator. I use it more as my overstable putt and approach though.

Optional lineup is a Roc and a Super Stingray. Roc for windy days when the QMS can't handle it. Super Stingray is my roller.

Covering everything with Verdict (my favorite disc of all time.. Please please please base plastic..) and the Evidence. Well technically two of each.. But it is working out really well.

I roll with the Westside trifecta of Midranges: VIP Tursas / TP Warship / VIP Warship / VIP Bard.

The VIP Warship gets the most action, with the TP Warship for slight turnover or low fade lines. The VIP Tursas is used primarily for big turnover lines or low powered midrange shots. And the VIP Bard is for big headwinds or high fade lines. Got all my lines covered with this setup...

For what it's worth, I always have a midrange "template" if you will. Understable, straight, straight-os, and OS. Buzz SS, Ti Buzzz, Z Buzzz, and Ti Wasp respectively. With the Zone, that covers every shot I would need at my midrange distance. McBeth has 7 because he can tell the difference. For us mortals, I wouldn't recommend more than 5, but that's just me.

I'm rocking 6. Meteor, impact, roc 3, hornet, demon. Used to be 5, but I tried replacing a wasp with the roc 3, not quite as os as I was hoping, hence the hornet.

I carry a well seasoned Z-Buzzz for all of my "mid" duties.
I use a Zone for shorter approach OS duties
BUT my go to disc when others grab mids is a Z-Cyclone. I like that it is a tick more OS and a bit slower than than other plastic versions of this disc and it is THE mold I have the most comfort in throwing backhand.

I'm pretty happy with my setup after a while of moving things around. TP Tursas, McPro Roc3, DX Roc3, Champ Roc3. I also use the Opto Trident a lot for mid range OS shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I have
Gator
C MD3
P MD3
KC Roc
KC Roc
McPro Roc3
Mako3

I'm testing out the MD3's, so they may or may not stay in the bag. I'm liking them so far though, so we'll see. Not sure how I feel about mixing the MD3's and Rocs, I have a bit of OCD when it comes to building a bag. And I have so many stashed Rocs I'm not sure it makes sense to not throw them.

I just lost my beat D Drone, so I'm going Drones, Aftershocks, & Squalls right now. 2 of each, plus a 150g Squall.

Currently Comets and Rocs.

11X KC Roc 172g (Overstable)
Cryztal Comet 176g (Stable)
Glow Z Comet 177g (Understable)
X Comet 170g (Very Understable)

Latest posts