• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

little help maybe

MOON

Eagle Member
can anyone tell me how the background on this silverback dye was done??

Attachments

• Teerexstarskullblood.jpg
    Teerexstarskullblood.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 137
I've got some ideas to experiment with but don't know for sure.

I'm thinking maybe it was applied in some way which drizzled dye onto the disc. I tried that myself but didn't get nearly that vivid of color but did get some of that kind of running.

saran wrap....ive never actually attempted it, but i know a guy that does his own and he puts this "effect" on a lot of his discs...i looks bad ass

hmmmm very interesting. I'm going to have to try this.

I'd appreciate it for sure :)

but I'll put the ol' noggin to work and mess with it no matter what. Sound like fun to me ... but then again I'm the odd sort that find the process of figuring out a solution almost as enjoyable as the result.

Last edited:
good lookin out :D

I'd love to have that Suicide Girls one. If only I could see the undersides I'd be a lot closer to having a solid guess at the technique. Knowing me I'll probably just try one with what I can guess will work. And after that doesn't work how I thought it would I'll message that guy ;)

good lookin out :D

I'd love to have that Suicide Girls one. If only I could see the undersides I'd be a lot closer to having a solid guess at the technique. Knowing me I'll probably just try one with what I can guess will work. And after that doesn't work how I thought it would I'll message that guy ;)

lol well good luck..lemme know how it turns out

I'm curious about this too. Any techniques to change the "background" of a dye would be welcomed by all!

From what I have heard you can do this by taking a plastic bag(shopping bag??) and crinkling it up. Then you put a small amount of your dye in the bag and then you put the disc in and let it soak over night. Being careful to not put to much dye in, and not to move the disc a bunch.

I have not tried this yet. I have got a couple give away discs and I will give this a try this weekend and post the results if I have time. Good luck. If any body does this successfully please post your results and technique. Always looking for new ways to dye a disc!:)

That is really tight. I will have to mention that to some people I know who are experienced at dyes and see what they think about it.

Well I tried it last night and have the basic technique figured out. But it didn't come out perfect. I still need to experiment with it a little. I dont have time to post pics right now. I will post some later today and explain what I did. Gotta get to work!:)

So heres the 2 I did last night. They are not spectaculor by any means but I am going to do another one tonight and see how it turns out. Basically what I did was take an old 10" frying pan I lined it with a shopping bag that I crinkled up.
I then put a lil dye on the bag and pressed the disc in. I used room temperature dye nothing fancy just the water/powdered rit mix that I normally use for dyeing. I let the discs soak for 10 hours. The pink soaked in blue, the green was soaked in red. I think I put to much dye in because it fully dyed certain parts on the disc, but the edges where there was less dye came out with the desired effect.

I think choosing a high contrast dye and disc color combo would be key to getting the best out of this effect. Im going to try moving the disc every few hours also to see what happens. Maybe giving it a rinse when I move it too.

Heres the pics
wrapexp1.png
wrapexp2.png

Latest posts