• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Longer Buzzz

atvan

Birdie Member
I want to know from yous what kinda discs you would say is a lot like a buzzz, but longer. Me love me buzzz, and it just goes out there noce and pretty, goes where I want, no turn crap, not much fade either. A thing that I think I would use it for a lot would be those rollers you send out there, let em touch down an boom down the fairway. The buzzz turns over just enough for me to do that, but the edge and speed limit the roll.

You could try a Stalker. I use a Glo Stalker for throws I would want to use a Buzzz on but might need a few more feet.

I also use stalkers for buzzz. A domey z stalker for my z buzzz and a concave crystal stalker for my buzzz SS.

Stalker fits that slot. The only reason I don't carry one is because it overlaps my XLs. It's a great disc.

Aftershock

The Aftershock is a little shorter than the Buzzz imo...Same ballpark, but definitely not longer.

The Stalker is a good answer, the problem is that it is not really much longer (10-20' maybe). Another good answer would be the JLS/QJLS, especially flatter ones. These go another 10-20' longer than the Stalker and still have that locked online with slight fade flight.

So you want a disc that goes straight but further than the Buzzz, and you want one that can accomplish sick BH rollers... Leopard.

Stalker is the only correct answer so far.

An Eagle-L or Champ TL is probably the closest as far as Innova goes. The JLS and Leopard are more understable and have more glide. They don't fly frozen-rope on-angle like the Buzzz/Stalker type disc. They may hyzer-flip to straight but that's a different shot.

Stalker is the only correct answer so far.

An Eagle-L or Champ TL is probably the closest as far as Innova goes. The JLS and Leopard are more understable and have more glide. They don't fly frozen-rope on-angle like the Buzzz/Stalker type disc. They may hyzer-flip to straight but that's a different shot.

QJLS holds better lines than the Stalker, and the flatter ones are the most Buzzz-like driver yet made. They also glide less than a TL. More importantly, they are actually longer than the Buzzz, where the Stalker is almost a midrange itself. You can't hyzer flip a new QJ unless you are throwing it close to 400', and even then it's a very slight hyzer.

Yeah, I think a Glow Stalker would be the most familiar for Buzzz throwers. They're not particularly longer than Buzzzes, but it can take less effort to get the same amount of distance as a Buzzz and sometimes that's all you want. A QJLS is the answer if you want easy to range lasers in a driver. Sabre and Champ Gazelles aren't bad but they lack some glide. An outside the box choice would be a 160s Nebula if you can find one.