• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest/Biggest Course

stuart_test

Par Member
Just curious which course is the biggest/longest out there. I know Codorus State Park in PA has 54 holes which is a lot of holes to say the least. Is there actually a course that has more holes out there?

Warwick has 90 if you count b-w, b-b, w-w, w-b, and wolfe woods. I would count them all because each course setup plays like the holes are well designed, not like you are just throwing across the wrong fairways like some courses are when playing b-w or w-b.

I've played Warwick long to long but didn't have time to try any other combination, wish I did though. Unfortunately I live around 5 or 6 hours from there so I doubt I'll be playing it again anytime soon.

http://www.highbridgehillssc.com/disc.html

Highbridge Hills Sports Complex in Wisconsin, host of this year's Pro Worlds has to be the biggest in terms of holes. Two years ago I was there and they had 81 holes back then and they have plans to eventually have a total of ten courses which would amount to 180 holes.

deaddisc said:
Warwick has 90 if you count b-w, b-b, w-w, w-b, and wolfe woods. I would count them all because each course setup plays like the holes are well designed, not like you are just throwing across the wrong fairways like some courses are when playing b-w or w-b.

While I like Warwick with it's multiple sets of tees and pins if we go down the slope of counting all the combinations of Long/short, Short/Long, Long/Long and Short/Short it gets a little ridiculous. Codorus has many layouts, as do Patapsco, Seneca, Druid Hill, Rockburn and about 800 other courses.

I think it's best to count only unique holes for the purpose of counting hole totals.

roadkill said:
http://www.highbridgehillssc.com/disc.html

Highbridge Hills Sports Complex in Wisconsin, host of this year's Pro Worlds has to be the biggest in terms of holes. Two years ago I was there and they had 81 holes back then and they have plans to eventually have a total of ten courses which would amount to 180 holes.

That is pretty impressive.. it's almost worth taking the trip out just to play all those, I'll have to bookmark that site just in case I get ambitious.

roadkill said:
While I like Warwick with it's multiple sets of tees and pins if we go down the slope of counting all the combinations of Long/short, Short/Long, Long/Long and Short/Short it gets a little ridiculous. Codorus has many layouts, as do Patapsco, Seneca, Druid Hill, Rockburn and about 800 other courses.

I think it's best to count only unique holes for the purpose of counting hole totals.

That's a good point, Ft. Steilacoom here in WA has something ridiculous like 60 baskets and 80 teepads. I know there are at least 9 layouts for the course, including a par 72 and a 27 holer, and there's always room to make up your own. So by that math, there'd be at least 171 holes, but I know the course doesn't have anything on some of the courses you guys are listing.

Oh yeah, I'm going to be moving there in less than 2 weeks!

I'll be living just north of the river about 5 miles from Waterworks :)

mothrows said:
Blue Valley park in Kansas City is over 11,000 feet in length.

I'm pretty sure SIoux Passage in St. Louis is one of the longest courses. I want to say it was at 12,000 and some change when they put everything int he c placements for a tourney earlier this year. I've heard that Dave from gateway had a course in the ozarks that was craaazy long and had the highest par ever.

Call me crazy, but I'm not sure I want to play the longest courses. A course that takes 2 hours to play is about my limit, unless the weather is really nice. Plus my crippled ankle can only take so much punishment until I'm limping around. Don't get me wrong I love the longer courses, but anything more than 36 holes is just ridiculous.

Also, just because there are alternate layouts for a course doesn't mean that you can count the holes more than once. If you have 36 baskets, then it is a 36 hole course. Just because there are alternate tee's does not mean that you can count those holes twice. Let's be honest with ourselves here. The longest course should be the course with the most amount of actual holes, and not a course that has multiple ways to play the course. The longest course is a course that has the longest 18 hole layout, period. Does any pdga sanctioned event have more than 18 holes? Honestly I'm asking. If not, then you should only count courses that have a 18 hole layout.

If you go out to Cedarock Park in Burlington, NC they have an open course and a wooded course. Open course I believe has 3 different tee's and even more basket placements. The wooded course has 2 tee's. If you play all the different types of setup they could do I would say it would equal out to over 100 holes, technically.

Mason County Pumped Storage Park here in Ludington has 72 holes layed out over three courses. Each course is a good mix of long and short holes. It's so awesome to drive to one spot and have a choice of three courses 8)

bijou in south lake tahoe in its "ultra longs" layout is probably up there. the tourney this last weekend consisted of 3 five and a half hour rounds. most disc golf i've played in a weekend... just brutal.
the ultra longs were mostly 400-600 foot holes... trees everywhere, too. 27 unique holes covering a LOT of area.

it's now probably my favorite course...

Old Settlers Park in Round Rock, TX has two 1000'+ holes, plus an uphill 700'. Of course it is windy as well. 8)

Latest posts