• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Longest DG Throw Ever-What to throw...

How did I know, before even reading this thread, yet seeing it was a disc suggestion thread and NateDiscFlip had the newest reply, that we'd hear "Stalker" from Nate? :p

the Kite is made to glide for days, but I am sure a few of these other suggestions are more fun.

If it lands in a crevasse, a glacier will grind it up to the point where no one will recognize it by the time the glacier spits it out the bottom. Trash bags full of poop are tossed into crevasses all the time on the world's mountains by climbers.

I think I have an old beat eagle...I guess I better make sure my name isn't on it! Maybe I'll toss that.

So because you are already littering in another form, it makes it okay to litter some more. Makes sense. Oh wait, no it doesn't. Also why the hell are you throwing bags of chit, you really need to take the time to take something that is totally biodegradable, put it in a plastic back, and then throw it back down? Awesome. Also you are carrying bags of chit around?

someone once told me that it is possible to get a disc to flip over and fade back multiple times when throwing off a mountain ... the disc does it's initial flip and roll, loses speed, fades back, but since it is still dropping, it picks up enough speed to flip back up and roll over ... never had the chance to find out, but it sounds pretty cool if it is true ...

this is true.....its even true on 600 foot throws for big arms...I'do with a heavy understable.....Hell I would throw 20 different kinds of discs....then I'd chit in a disc and throw that one too! (the litter guys make me laugh)

Last edited:
Lol those litter guys are all the same. Throw a groove! Then you won't feel so bad about losing a good disc grooves are garbage anyways and belong scatterd on the sides of a mountain

I can tell you from playing other top-of-the-world holes that you *really* don't want to throw an understable disc. Normally an understable disc will turn during the high-speed portion of its flight, and then fade back as it slows down.. but when you throw one off a cliff or mountain, it doesn't slow down.. it will just keep turning as it descends. So unless you want to end up miles and miles to the right (or left for a LHBH throw) of the target, throw something solidly stable.

I can tell you from playing other top-of-the-world holes that you *really* don't want to throw an understable disc. Normally an understable disc will turn during the high-speed portion of its flight, and then fade back as it slows down.. but when you throw one off a cliff or mountain, it doesn't slow down.. it will just keep turning as it descends. So unless you want to end up miles and miles to the right (or left for a LHBH throw) of the target, throw something solidly stable.

If u throw something a little more stable it will come back after turning right so long

I don think hes looking for accuracy as much as distance so I find all the accuracy talk kind of funny...I say throw a ton of discs and film them all!

your dealing with updrafts on a mountain.....completely different from headwinds and tailwinds.....the advice about throwing down is critical!

ive tried this before and the trick is to throw super understable and eventually it will fade out. anything with the slightest bit of stability will fade out hard because of the length of the flight

ive tried this before and the trick is to throw super understable and eventually it will fade out. anything with the slightest bit of stability will fade out hard because of the length of the flight

And this is the way to go I agree. No matter who is throwing. The understable thrown properly will turn and fade several times a real fun thing to watch you will have no clue where it will end up but damn fun to watch multiple s turns. I'd go with a pro katana all that turn and fade would be hilarious to watch just don't throw a roller by mistake. Someone might die.

Saw my buddy throw a sidewinder down 18 at solitude, about 400 foot drop, and it was one of the coolest things to watch it go hard right an eventually fade left as it lost speed.

what about the throw right after ...bad thing both discs lost but neither ours

Latest posts