• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a good Mid range for rhfh

Zone in ESP is my first choice, Gator DX is my second choice... didn't like it as much in star. Have you been drinking POWERTHIRST .... "Mother nature is like: Slllooooowww Doooown, and you'll kick her in the face with your energy legs!" but seriously if you're overthrowing and you want FH go with the Zone.

I was gonna say the same exact thing. ESP Zone, DX Gator(Don't like it Star), or a Pro Pig. Sometimes I prefer a Star TL for finesse mid range shots FH though.

If you have a(n) healthy/unhealthy amount of OAT, a DX Viper might do you well.

My FLX drone is the first disc I have thrown that works perfect for what you need. Never thrown a gator, but may try it after seeing all of these posts in support of it.

I'll agree with what's already been said but I'll add trying it in pro d. My buddy only throws fh and he carries a drone in d, flx, and z.

I'll agree with what's already been said but I'll add trying it in pro d. My buddy only throws fh and he carries a drone in d, flx, and z.

I have and use all three, with the Z Drone being the plastic of choice. A very predictable RHFH midrange disc.

rock the gator! this was one of the discs in my bag that i would replace on the way home from the course if I lost it. That unfortunately happened to me last week so I bought 2 star Xouts from PIAS on the way home.

I have and use all three, with the Z Drone being the plastic of choice. A very predictable RHFH midrange disc.

Yes, the z drone is the truth but for a fh thrower, a d drone will give a lil more distance and be more workable once beat.

Yes, the z drone is the truth but for a fh thrower, a d drone will give a lil more distance and be more workable once beat.

I agree. I'm not really looking for max d with my mid ranges though.

Gator - Any plastic.

I can throw mine (forehand) almost 300'.
But it really excels as a placement forehand driver.

RE: Rhyno - It's quite similar to the gator, only a lot less distance, and the lip/rim can be difficult to master.

Another vote for the Drone

I rarely forehand a midrange as I usually will just use the Predator with a relatively soft flick and play the skip. But when I do feel like forehanding a mid I stick to the Drone.

Last edited:
My roommate had the exact same issue. He only throws RHFH and we normally play a shorter open course. He could chuck a Wraith pretty far with some accuracy, but his midrange game was off. He was throwing an Aviar forehand and it would anhyzer every time. I loaned him a Champion Gator and his score dropped significantly. Now that Gator is permanently his and he can keep a pretty consistently low score. If you don't prefer Innova though go for the Drone.

i throw FH alot but i cannot do it in the mid ranges, my gf does and she uses the dx wolf

I also use a dx wolf. It's my most accurate and consistent disc by far. I even use it when I need an accurate drive and distance isn't the most important thing.

The best forehand mid range on the market is the gateway warrior. It is an overstable mid with a shallow rim so you will always get a clean release. It can take as much power as you want to put on it without a giant skip at the end.

The best forehand mid range on the market is the gateway warrior. It is an overstable mid with a shallow rim so you will always get a clean release. It can take as much power as you want to put on it without a giant skip at the end.

The warrior may no longer be a PDGA conforming disc though, i know a few people that have noticied it having a diameter larger than the PDGA parameters. The Innova Gator though is also a good choice if the Warrior loses it approval

Latest posts