• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a new putter

Another vote for Dart from me. I love driving wizards on short holes, but am really digging the straight straight flight of the dart for some holes now. I'm using an r-pro 171 dart for putting duties, i can just aim it at the basket vs. playing the fade when I putted with a wizard

maybe a challenger or aviar will satisfy your stability and glide cravings.

Thanks for the advice.......

Thanks for the advice. I have had a Champion Aero in the past and it feels bigger than my other putters and just dont like it. I also have a Crystal Challenger and like it ok but I the ridge is so stiff it has the same effect as my Ryno when throwing from teebox. I think I am going to go out and check out a few of the discs mentioned and see what feels good. I love my Ryno for up close putting just not from the teebox.

r-pro dart again. i love them, in the summer when they heat up (ive had mine for a year or 2 now, so they are in the perfect break in stage), they are like glue with the basket and chains, but not sloppy floppy glue. they just sit when they hit them. i have one that is more 'flexible' and one that hasnt hit so many objects.

get a KC Pro Aviar for the glide and predictibility. They putt true and hold their line. I also throw a SSS Magic for some upshots that need to stick.

Most of the best players seem to choose from the set of similarly shaped putters: Aviar, Wizard, Challenger, Focus, Ridge, Ion. You can't go wrong with any of those, and they all come in various plastics.

I like this !!

Koffee

Wizard - my main putter for like 3 yrs (replaced by a voodoo for putting), and still great off the tee
Jokeri - if you want an amazing overstable putter like a focus, but small diameter, this is it, and has replaced my wizards off the tee; both base and premium plastics are very nice - available here soon
Ion - everyone should try one
Zone - the fact that its really between a putter and a mid makes up for the lack of glide

Wedge

Went to a local shop before I played today and picked up a Wedge. I thought it was a mid-range but it is a putt and approach disc. Not stable as my Ryno but I really liked the feel and it flies so straight. I know its kinda in between a mid and putter and I will def try some others out but I am really liking the Wedge for now. Love the lip on it. If anybody has any Gateway putters or any others for trade let me know. I have several discs to trade. Several more than I have listed on a post I put up.

If you are going to carry 2 putters and you want one from the tee, you gotta try the Ion. You owe it to yourself. If I wanted to carry a 2nd putter, I would carry one and it will also really open up your approach game as well.

The ender side of the rim is a gradual transition to the flight plate as well, rather than a corner and to me, it was also one of the best feeling putters for gripping with a power grip as well.

I love throwing a ridge from the tee box, but if you dont like vibram then wizard and soft challenger are both pretty good choices. The best advice is borrow a few different putters and see what works best with your throwing style. You will get 100 dif answers on here.

Iv'e got a 170 champ rhyno and a couple of wizards, although the rims are pretty close the wizard is better off the tee. I also have an innova dart more shallow rim lots of glide- almost too much for short putts, but not bad off tee.

I have a star dart and the glide is good. The dart flies straight as an arrow; on the other hand, I have a star San Marino Roc. The Roc is on of the best I have ever thrown. I can drive off the tee almost as far as my star xcal or teerex, with the star Roc. The Roc has a good fade that is easy to predict but the accuracy is AWESOME.