• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for an overstable mid-range

I throw Z Wasps and D & ESP Zones with my Comets. When my stash of Wasps are gone, I'll replace them with Rocs. Wasps/Rocs are well-suited companions to Comets. You're not going to find anything better.

Another vote for the Pain here. I have a pair in both Opto and Goldline with my Goldline being the most stable. Great predictable disc in even better plastic :)

Pain

Count another vote for the Pain. I used to throw a hornet, and I had no real complaints about it, but I tossed my buddy's Pain around a few times, and within a week, I had bought and fell in love with my own... and that Swedish plastic just feels soooooooo good.

How does a champion or star roc compare to the pain for this position? does the pain go far or is it slow like the drone?

Results, Number Two:
Hornet- 6
Wasp- 5
Pain- 5
Drone- 2
Roc- 2
Sentinel,Shockwave,Buzzz,Vector,Aftershock- 1

Hope this helps you make a decision. Don't troll me for doing this, I don't know why I am either.:confused:

Results, Number Two:
Hornet- 6
Wasp- 6
Pain- 5
Drone- 2
Roc- 2
Sentinel,Shockwave,Buzzz,Vector,Aftershock- 1

I added another one for the wasp. There is not THAT MUCH a difference between the hornet, the wasp and the drone, they are all overstable ( to very overstable ). Wasp was just right for me, have not managed to flip it in wind yet.

OP, if you see this thread, answering the question of what flies straight for you will really help us give you good answers (at least those of us who actually care).

GL Pain.....I love it!

second this, but grab a drone anyway if you can. Even if it's (the drone) too much for you now, it will be useful for getting around or going through trouble. (brush, trees, etc.) When your arm develops you can throw the drone low and flat for a giant forward skip that puts on the brakes when it goes nose up. Just saw an ace with that shot last week. I carry a GL pain for a workhorse and a drone for the skips and utilities. (I wouldn't drop either of them for the other)

I've never thrown a Drone, but from what I have read it is an overstable mo' fo'. Does 'make it work' mean OAT the hell out of it, or is it more workable than others make is sound?

It's more workable than others make it sound. May not be for you, but you should try it out if possible.

Latest posts