• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Lost 11X Firebird. What should I replace it with?

sidewinding

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So I lost my baby. It was a red 11X Firebird. Very overstable and dependable. It always did what I wanted it to do. Now I don't know what to do. Here are my options:

Bite the bullet and get another 11X,

Just get a 12X,

Just use the star monstor I found the same day I lost my baby,

Switch to a Pred, XXX, Banshee, Flick, Max, ETC

i would get another 11x but id say the next best options would be pred or xxx. discraft has been putting out some nice pearly z preds lately.

Often times you can find some of the glow fbirds that are being done for tournaments that compare closely to the 11x. Extremely flat and overstable. That would be your best bet if you are not looking to pay 11x prices.

you could use the Monster

you could get a XXX

the newer champ FBs I have seen have been very stiff, very flat, no glide and very overstable

so if you can hand pick at a store you can get a "good" FB still

At the Glass Blown Open, Dynamic Discs had stacks of 12x 'Flat Top' Firebirds for standard champ pricing. The plastic is crazy hard, but they fly uber overstable if that is what you're looking for.

Meathook, glidey, etc.?

I wouldn't say a meathook but it definitely had some good fade and zero high speed turn at all even with a full out flick. I could throw it full backhand power into a 20 MHP headwind and it flew like a TeeBird. It was awesome for thumbers and awesome for spike hyzers and skip shots.

Tried one of those when they first came out and did not really like the feel although I compared it side by side and at one point the two discs were laying on top of each other after throwing full power in an open field.

Get one of the new flat 12x firebirds with the kenny logo stamp. Same thing as an 11x without the price tag.

same flattness yes but they are super hard and less grippy. also dare i say more overstable.

The obession of overstable discs makes me laugh.

With the exception of overhands, there is very little difference between any firebird.

with that said, I have plenty of 11Xs. Be glad to trade for a 12X and 15 bux anyday of the week.

Pred is not as overstable as a firebird, let alone an 11x bird. What was your 11x like? Meathook, glidey, etc.?

there are some really beefy z preds out there. ive never thrown a predator long enough to beat one in but i know some of the newer pearly ones are just as overstable as my pearly pro firebirds.

No pred is as overstable as a 11x firebird especially for someone who can put some power behind them. preds also penetrate more forward as they fade compared to a more left fade for firebirds.

The new 12x FB molds are super flat. I can't tell the difference between them and my 11x.

Often times you can find some of the glow fbirds that are being done for tournaments that compare closely to the 11x. Extremely flat and overstable. That would be your best bet if you are not looking to pay 11x prices.

I have an 11x that I cherish. I got a CFR Glow Firebird at a tournament. It is not as flat as the 11x but it flies very very similar. I throw the glow on holes near water where I dont want to risk losing the 11x.

Also a friend of mine just bought a 12x with the Ken Climo silouette. It was used but the top is very flat. Very similar as well. Sorry to hear about your loss, but I would say the glow or a flat 12x if you can find one.

Stop throwing expensive plastic you can"t easily replace.... If you are going to do so, stock up early and often. That being said buy like 4 11x and you wont have to worry about it for awhile. Throw what you know~

No pred is as overstable as a 11x firebird especially for someone who can put some power behind them. preds also penetrate more forward as they fade compared to a more left fade for firebirds.

Second. I prefer Preds because of this. They're not flippy by any means, they just are not as OS at the end.

I agree with the new run of 12x with the circle Climo stamp. They seem to fly crazy OS like my ol' Candy Pro Firebird did. And I have thrown a flippy 12x that was fairly domey, it looked like I had thrown a valk, and it was brand new.

Stop throwing expensive plastic you can"t easily replace.... If you are going to do so, stock up early and often. That being said buy like 4 11x and you wont have to worry about it for awhile. Throw what you know~

Also, this.

Latest posts